jonboy1

most irritating design feature

51 minutes ago, Mad Ax said:

@Grumpy pants I didn't go wide with the G6, because I liked the narrow look.  It fits nicely with my other 1:10 scale monster trucks as a crazy special build from those early monster truck days before it turned into a competition formula.  Wider stance would no doubt help with the handling.

I think part of the problem is that all 3 axles have different spring preloads - I just set them to get the ride height consistent and didn't give any thought to how it would handle.  As the weight is fairly even from front to rear (slightly heavier over the front on mine) it probably wants a fairly even preload.  The steering servo mounts are also an issue, they have loads of flex, and a big bump completely upsets the trim.

I'd like to do more beach trips as the race season comes to an end but fuel is getting more expensive and my budget is getting smaller, so it could be a quiet winter.  There are some good open fields near me, though.

As and when I get onto it, I'll update on the Truck of Many Wheels thread

I prefer the standard width visually as well and kept mine that way and with 2WS.

Oil shocks all round with the same springs and oil worked well too for me. 

It sounds like you have identified the culprits with the shock springs and maybe too much power. 

Your r/c experience far out strips mine, so I’ll continue to enjoy your superb write ups and progress on your  Truck of many wheels thread 👍

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2021 at 8:49 AM, Grumpy pants said:

Your r/c experience far out strips mine, so I’ll continue to enjoy your superb write ups and progress on your  Truck of many wheels thread 👍

I've been in the game a long time, but I still consider myself a novice, especially when it comes to car setup :p 

This weekend I competed in the final round of the Iconic Cup, in the FF series.  Chassis are limited to FF01 and FF02 with very few hop-ups (of which I had pretty much all on my FF01).

Despite doing a full day's practice on Saturday and finishing all my heats on Sunday, I still only qualified 8 out of 9 entrants and probably would have finished 8th or 9th in the final if my diff hadn't died on the second lap.  I haven't even looked at the championship standings but I expect I'm right at the bottom somewhere :lol:

I think the most irritating design feature on a tamiya model has to be the little metal strips which go on eather side of the motor mount screws on the hotshot/boomerang! As I'm getting on in the age department including my eyes it becomes obviously apparent that they aren't designed for old eyes and that includes when you've dropped one on the floor and it disappears in the same black hole of tamiya e-clips! Going on to other manufacturers the schumacher cat xls is another example of irritating designs from the first page to the last!....but it's a beauty when its built👍

That!!!!!B50CFFFE-7CBD-4D66-A895-ACE730556767.jpeg.e75b0951ab1e01cf8e8d521727c690c1.jpeg

what on earth is that for. Sorry should say this a Brat roll bar.