When I first joined a few years back there were always posts about WT01’s . Now I must nail my colours to the mast I’m not a great Monster truck fan,Clods , Juggernauts et al just don’t rock my boat. However in the days when it was a good deal to buy an RC Mart special deal I bought a Amarok on the WT01N chassis, I just like Amaroks ! Any way it didn’t get used much , until I realised courtesy of this forum that you could widen its stance relatively easily. At the same time I fitted a 13.5t brushless motor and Bingo it became only second to my Blitzer as a go to runner. I liked it so much I bought a second body and turned it into Schwarzfuß 

It’s only real Achilles heel was lack of rear end grip. This was sorted by the addition of Monster Beetle pin spike tyres. Now it wheelies on demand and is great fun to drive. 
 Nowadays however I hardly ever see a post about them? I know the wheelbase is a bit of a problem , for me anyway, as the bodies that Tamiya have put on it apart from the Amarok just don’t match up. The Blackfoot111 looks awful to me. 

So just I’d send some love out to all those unmentioned WT01’s B582BD7A-8247-4C32-B5BB-69CF4D8B9BB6.jpeg.40a80f75cd65200326b1cc9a19d410e2.jpegCDE5E938-FCC1-449E-BF70-5410DB3E7A57.jpeg.28bdd90844a9a3d7212594d327601da5.jpegwhether they be 2wd, 4wd, 4WS or any other combination ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 4

I love the WT01, we had a Blackfoot Xtreme and absolutely ran it everywhere until it was a rusty wreck.

It just kept going no matter how hard we wrecked it or treated it 👍

• Like 1

Have you got a larger photos?  I personally prefer ORV Blackfoot over my Wild Dagger.  But what you did with Amarok shell looks awesome. Maybe Tamiya should release Blackfoot Amarok! 

• Thanks 1

Much love for the wt 604??

6wd 4 wheel steer., Then just 6 wheel drive and 2 wheel steer as the speed increased.

Pretty quick as well. 29mph over anything in its path.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Juggular said:

Have you got a larger photos?  I personally prefer ORV Blackfoot over my Wild Dagger.  But what you did with Amarok shell looks awesome. Maybe Tamiya should release Blackfoot Amarok! 

I’ll dig some out

• Thanks 1

There's a lot of love for the dual motor variant in the BC stable, we have three. My son has this one which did some beach running

DSC_0816.jpg

and is now being rebuilt and upgraded. The blue shell got swapped to red shell's chassis so we have a runner which leaves the third (pink shell). Thanks to some extra bits I bought from @dannymulder, the third turning into a special little creation. When I finish it and order some more stickers from MCI.

As for a true WT01? Maybe if I have enough bits left over...

• Like 2

51A35D84-72EA-4E21-A396-E3C8DFC5E581.jpeg.763def17f80f5a8e6f1cbf181a348925.jpeg949DD215-B2E5-4A47-AC8F-60179203B0E7.jpeg.cd7eeefde10500c3eaa6fa838ddc9b7b.jpegFF61FF26-5AF3-4929-91EC-B7C23AFDACA5.jpeg.823f4ef20935e64f20bd4ea7f488cf5b.jpeg96506809-D1DF-4EF4-A212-A6C78B785C29.jpeg.99a937c0cd9f2dbe3c88f80d68fdbd12.jpeg

previous post is the Blackfoot homage and this post is the standard Amarok.  Wheels are the stock ones painted yellow. This one has a cut down rally cockpit 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still love mine, although I've never had a great relationship with them.

My first was a Blackfoot Extreme, bought used from someone on here.  It was one of the first cars I added to my collection when I got back into RC in the mid-00s.  I drove it for ages with friction shocks and a Super Stock BZ motor, then I added Yeah Racing shock towers and 100mm shocks.  It stayed like that for a while until I got a used transmission and converted it to 4wd, 14.4v power using a HPI ESC.  I had loads of trouble with it handling badly and falling over because I had the second 6s NiMH strapped to the top of the chassis with battery tape.

Eventually I shelled out on an alloy dual battery chassis, but after many months of problems and setbacks I gave up, sold the chassis and lots of the fancy bits, and just kept a few spares.  I always knew I wanted to try again with the WT chassis, so I kept almost enough to build a running car.

I finally did that in late 2019, with the ongoing Fifty-Fifty project.  It's still not running all that well - it's fast in a straight line but supremely hard to drive, I still think excess weight high up is the bulk of the problem but it's so hard to get the weight down low when the gearboxes take up so much space.

I'd love another 2wd.  I've still got some spare chassis and various other bits, I doubt it would cost much to make a runner.  I just need to put it on the list and start doing it :)

• Like 1

I bought ours cheaply on eBay and it turned. out to be from a TC member.

Kept it stock apart from a few bearing and a motor upgrade.

Ran it everywhere very enthusiastically, car parks, golf courses and a lot of beach’s, usual stuff really., for about 3 years at a guess 2012-2015. 

Then sold it on TC as a rolling wreck and it was resold after a refurb and makeover in the  last year or two. 

I can’t honestly remember having to carry out any repair work, possibly the odd step screw etc. 

4 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

I still love mine, although I've never had a great relationship with them.

I feel the same way. I bought a cheap tachometer to measure the RPM of the front axle and the rear.  If possible, I would like to give the front axle slightly faster motor than the rear.  The rear pushing while the front resists? That isn't going to make it run great. Obviously, I haven't gotten around it. While I was away from TC for about a year, you've had a great project, Mad Ax!  I like the chassis and the color scheme of your 'Fifty Fifty' too.  Very well done!  

• Thanks 1

Found an old shot with a body my mate made for it, unfortunately it never got used much with the body on 

UxJ4SlK.jpg

bJPNKtq.jpg

d6f85qg.jpg

Early days of development

nY5Yd88.jpg

This is what it became when I sold it.

c8fwke4.png

I1uN8Us.png

JMgkbMR.png

Uubwk73.png

hQLQhah.png

Does anyone know where it is now?

• Like 3

Over here the Twin Detonator is a regular runner alongside other monsters 

51035249493_35d21257a3_b.jpg

50129604287_7f5b5e4166_b.jpg

51009401741_d0a6463a0d_b.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, J@mes said:

Over here the Twin Detonator is a regular runner alongside other monsters 

51035249493_35d21257a3_b.jpg

50129604287_7f5b5e4166_b.jpg

51009401741_d0a6463a0d_b.jpg

Had a vintage clod a few years ago and sold it to a mate and loved my KH which has just been sold as well.

Yet to own a TD or a BD...

I think my current top 3 garage of runners would be a KH, a LB and 1 road chassis like the FF03 I have.. That covers most sides of hobby for me, apart from 2 or 3   vintage models for shelf duty.  

• Like 1

I still have a Wild Dagger in the project stash which will hopefully be rebuilt and upgraded soon. Still unsure about the body, as I don't like the Wild Dagger body that much.