markbt73

Bruiser, Buster, Blackfoot, and Box

Couldn't resist lining these four up on my workbench for a quick photo.

Re-re Bruiser about 70% complete, will use Marty McFly's truck from Back To The Future as paint inspiration.

Black Edition Super Clodbuster, soon to be painted US Forest Service Green to match my 1:1 truck.

Restomodded original Blackfoot that I've had for years.

And a well-used re-re Lunchbox, in the process of being restored. Haven't chosen a color yet.

Fourteen-year-old-me is absolutely giddy with excitement seeing these four trucks all in one place...

IMG_20210828_111532348.jpg

• Like 8

Nice 👍🏻, it always puts the colossal size of a Clod in perspective when you see sat next to something else. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, markbt73 said:

US Forest Service Green to match my 1:1 truck

Awesome - any pics of your 1:1 ? . I saw one of these on a trailer last Friday funnily enough - you don't see many in the UK

4 hours ago, KEV THE REV said:

Awesome - any pics of your 1:1 ? . I saw one of these on a trailer last Friday funnily enough - you don't see many in the UK

I would imagine not! You don't see a whole lot of them here either, actually. They lead really rough lives and get sold at government auctions for cheap. Mine was further abused by being owned by a teeage boy who taught himself how to drive a manual in it, and then used it for pizza delivery. It's in astonishingly good condition, considering.

I can do better than photos; here are a couple of online articles about it. One written by me:

https://drivetribe.com/p/this-is-what-pickup-trucks-are-cyLACqOqTiCPu6nbYq9TjA?iid=UosWXmyER1O2YgFRwlk8XQ

And one by David Tracy from Jalopnik, although whatever they did to the photos made the color look weird:

https://jalopnik.com/why-this-ex-forest-service-chevy-k1500-may-be-the-perfe-1844339625