Hello. 
I could use some advice. I have a High-Lift Hilux with the multifunction unit. The rig is very heavy and I feel it is underpowered and could benefit from some 2S Lipos. So I ordered the most compatible Lipo batteries I could find on Amazon. They fit my Lunchbox with no issue as well as an old Nikko dune buggy. But it’s just slightly too large to fit into the Hilux. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Has anyone had any success modifying the battery compartment without destroying it?

Thanks in advance for the advice. 

Cheers from Canada,

Tal

ABD42614-BC2A-4D07-B881-8043852190BD.jpeg

Whilst I can't help with your batteries I can confirm I use a LiPo in my High-Lift, it's a hardcase with rounded corners though, the same profile as a standard NiMH stick pack.

If you're not already aware, you'll need a LiPo alarm, preferably a cutoff, when using it with the MFU and I'm not sure if it's recommended to combine LiPo's with the MFU (I genuinely don't know so ignore me if you do!).

Thanks guys. 
1) I don’t think there should be a serious issue using 2S Lipos with the MFU because the voltage is very close. I’m definitely going to install of them with an alarm! I don’t wanna ruin my Lipos even though they were not very expensive. And the Gardpot batteries [look at point number 2] were very very overpriced…
2) those batteries are sold out everywhere. I’ve tried ordering them and the order went through and then the seller canceled it. There aren’t many options because it’s difficult to ship Lipos across international borders. 
3) The batteries that I did get, despite not having rounded corners are very very close in size only a few millimeters off. I’m considering using a heat gun and stretching the plastic a bit. Anybody knows anything about this idea?

4) before spending all the time modifying the battery compartment I’m going to try and use this Lipo with the MFU by zip tying it somewhere just to see that it’s not an issue before I spent all my time modifying this kit. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tal00 said:

2) those batteries are sold out everywhere. I’ve tried ordering them and the order went through and then the seller canceled it. There aren’t many options because it’s difficult to ship Lipos across international borders

This I can relate to, and in my case, it was just domestically that I cannot get lipos. I had to resort to getting onto a plane and flying to the shop to get it in person but am afraid of running into the same problem as you so had to do a ton of research and measurements before heading out as returns is not an option.

45 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

This I can relate to, and in my case, it was just domestically that I cannot get lipos. I had to resort to getting onto a plane and flying to the shop to get it in person but am afraid of running into the same problem as you so had to do a ton of research and measurements before heading out as returns is not an option.

Wow 😯 Do you live in a remote area?

2 hours ago, Tal00 said:

Wow 😯 Do you live in a remote area?

Yes, remote Scottish Island with limited delivery options. 

• Like 1