Sign in to follow this  
alvinlwh

SW-01 Wheels

So I had replaced so much on my Mudmad that the only original OOB parts are the screws and body shell parts, I am left with enough original bits to build another SW-01 chassis. So today I ordered the screw and metal body parts bags. I will be ordering a Lunchbox shell sometime in the future but will also need some wheels.  Other than the 19335824 and 51589 listed in the manual, what else will fit? I had see someone that someone said the wheels are in fact M chassis wheels and tyres TT-01E truck tyres? Can't seem to find that now. Also, will standard touring car tyres fit?

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

So I had replaced so much on my Mudmad that the only original OOB parts are the screws and body shell parts, I am left with enough original bits to build another SW-01 chassis. So today I ordered the screw and metal body parts bags. I will be ordering a Lunchbox shell sometime in the future but will also need some wheels.  Other than the 19335824 and 51589 listed in the manual, what else will fit? I had see someone that someone said the wheels are in fact M chassis wheels and tyres TT-01E truck tyres? Can't seem to find that now. Also, will standard touring car tyres fit?

Thanks.

I’m interested to know also, as I’m a new ( hasn’t even arrived on the door step yet ) SW-01 owner 

Just now, Dakratfink said:

I’m interested to know also, as I’m a new ( hasn’t even arrived on the door step yet ) SW-01 owner 

The difference is (I presume) you have a kit while I am building a "spare parts special". :D

They are indeed the m-chassis size wheels with TT01 racing truck tyres. These are a different size to regular sized touring car tyres. They have a larger overall diameter than touring car tyres but a smaller internal diameter to suit the smaller m-chassis wheels.

Tamiya racing truck tyres are 70mm OD (i have the black versions of the yellow wheels on the sw01 lunchbox)

Tamiya standard slick touring car tyres are 66mm OD

Resized_20210830_160936_2156.jpeg

Resized_20210830_161021_1581.jpeg

• Thanks 2

For racing indoors I slap on old sets of touring car race tyres.

40 minutes ago, qatmix said:

For racing indoors I slap on old sets of touring car race tyres.

Thanks, that's in fact answered my second question. I do have a set of brand new old Subaru wheels that can go one and that will save me a few quid in building this "spares special". 

9 hours ago, Dakratfink said:

BTW, check out my build diary on the Mudmad on how to overspend on a model. (currently stalled as waiting for C parts to arrive from Japan)