MICHAELs TopForce17

Blackfoot mip blue grease alternative?

Purchased a mip ball diff for the rere blackfoot but as i was checking all the parts i am missing the blue thrust grease.  Blue made me think of marine grease but dont think its that. What can i use?

My goodness, are they using something that sticky? Marine grease is like glue! (...to think that people are afraid of using anything other than watery Tamiya ball diff grease...

I would use something a bit more tackier than ceramic grease.  I use faucet grease. It's nowhere as sticky as marine grease, but it is designed to stay with the o-ring for years underwater.  (in fact, you probably drink or cook with water that passed through faucet grease everyday.)  It's a bit stickier than Tamiya ball diff grease.  It costs $3.5.  I use it on all of my off-road ball diffs.    

https://www.amazon.com/Danco-80360-Waterproof-Faucet-Grease/dp/B000DZFUNY/ref=asc_df_B000DZFUNY/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198091122898&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13809758827021143101&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9007234&hvtargid=pla-386850923181&psc=1

• Like 1

My MIP ball diffs only came with the clear grease for the diff plates/balls, and the black grease for the thrust washers/balls. Don't think they've ever come with a 'blue' grease to my knowledge, might be wrong though.

Mine had both types of grease in a single tin if I remember correctly.  If you are missing some I would probably use Associated Diff Grease and Associated Black Grease (for the thrust assembly) as a substitute. 

• Like 1