Wranger

Sand Scorcher to Rough Rider conversion

HI, I have recently purchased a Sand Scorcher rere, but i really wanted a rough rider. I know people say that the chassis are identical. So...apart from changing the front post for the shorter RR one, changing the wheels, and obviously the hard shell.... are there any issues that i need to consider?  

There's a couple of spotlights on the front uprights, but I think they'll be part of the body set.

Scorcher tyres won't fit RR wheels, so you'll need tyres too.

No, no wheel adaptors are needed - the drive plate supplied with SS will fit RR wheels

That’s great news thanks.. ,So realistically, I should be able to swap out the posts and shells and have booth an SS an RR…. Depending on the mood lol ..:)

Yup, easy swap.

To make it  even easier, a spare servo saver would be handy - the body-post holds the servo-saver together, once the post is removed you've got 2 pieces of plastic and a tensioned spring which wants to flick the plastic behind the sofa!

Try assembling the servo saver then sliding it off the body-post and it'll probably make up your mind for you :lol:

• Like 1

Brilliant bit of info, thanks. I haven’t started the build yet, so will definitely look into that as a. Quick hop up..:) cheers

• Like 1

@TWINSET @Busdriver  sorry to keep asking questions!  But now you mentioned getting a second servo saver for the RR front post…do you know whether the Tamiya part High Torque Servo Saver (51000) would fit onto a SS/RR chassis…?  Looks to me like the parts aren’t quite the same..?

I can’t help with that I’m afraid as I don’t have a Schorcher. My shell is a Blitzer shell which to all intents and purpose is identical so am not that genned up on the SRB chassis. I had one in 1980/1 but my memory isn’t that good!!!! I hope to get a re re Schorcher for Christmas 🎄🤞🏻