Sign in to follow this  
nel33

Recent RCMart issues?

Has there been anyone here experiencing issues with orders and or deliveries from RCMart recently? I ordered spare parts for super sabre 2 months ago, mostly related to suspension parts . I ordered the parts for the Manta gear boxes around a month ago and got both in within the last week. There has been no sign of the sabre parts in yet and the order is still active i.e. not cancelled, shipping is was last tracked 13-8-2021.

I know already with the covid shipping delays are causing havoc and expect them. One order took 2,5 months if I remember correctly recently?? Captain Jack sparrow does sometimes visit the mail boxes but lately most of my RCMart orders have a delivery slip to get it in person but some did get dropped at the mail boxes. It's a tad bit concerning given the rarity of boomerang and sabre parts and tracking stops at air shipping then nada. How long do you wait until you consider getting a refund for overly long shipping/possibly stolen package these days?

• Sad 1

Where was the package last tracked to? If an international package ends up in Chicago customs it will be there for over a month. I had a body kit ordered from Hong Kong get stuck there for almost 6 weeks. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mike in pa said:

Where was the package last tracked to? If an international package ends up in Chicago customs it will be there for over a month. I had a body kit ordered from Hong Kong get stuck there for almost 6 weeks. 

The main order 126USD was processed and shipped 31.7.21.  the later order 30USD  was processed and shipped 13.8.21. Got tracking numbers but not sure which site I can punch them in to see their last known location. There are 4-5 local businesses or branches that do local package delivery so who gets it is unpredictable.

34 minutes ago, nel33 said:

The main order 126USD was processed and shipped 31.7.21.  the later order 30USD  was processed and shipped 13.8.21. Got tracking numbers but not sure which site I can punch them in to see their last known location. There are 4-5 local businesses or branches that do local package delivery so who gets it is unpredictable.

Maybe you could use an universal tracker like this one? https://parcelsapp.com/en

• Like 1

@nel33 I have.  Honestly I stopped buying from them earlier this Spring as they use to be very good with delivery timing, communication, and packaging.  In the current logistics climate I understand that the transit times are crazy long, but communication and packaging are something they still have full control over.   It was very lacking for me.  I ordered something in January, did not arrive until late March/early April.  Problem was I bought through ebay and their guarantee is valid only for orders up to 30 days from the date of expected delivery set by the seller, RCMart.   Well it was way past that when I finally decided waiting 2.5 months was too long, I better file a claim.    eBay wouldn’t do anything for me.

Lessons learned is file a claim to eBay if your item does not arrive by the expected delivery date even if you trust the seller and know the package is on its way.. you only get up to 30 days to make the claim and once you past that, you are on your own.   

Luckily for me, after several ignored messages, the package finally arrived.. crushed. :lol:  Icing on the cake. 

• Like 1

I have found RCMart to be great, even with the Covid disruptions. At its worst they would say there is a delay as not enough aircraft were coming to NZ (we shut our borders so of course none were coming here) and there was always the option to pay for Fedex.

I think the difference could be how efficient customs and couriers are in your home country as we just don't have those kind of delays I hear people talk about on here. Tracking for me shows packages arrive in country and within hours are out of the international mail centre and off to a local depot. Compared to hearimg about shipping containers stacking up at ports with no sign of being unloaded. NZ is also a destination not a hub, that probably helps.

• Like 2

I doubt the problem is with RCMart.   Even if something unexpected happens, they will eventually despatch everything  and I found their customer service follow up is 100% if there are issues.

The problems are due to demands on international shipping.   Even getting parcels though customs these days will have a large backlog and could be stuck for weeks.   Further delays to get air service.   If you want to get something quickly, you probably need to pay for FedEx service.

• Like 1

Thank you for the replies, it looks like in not alone. I don't have too many choices on this current kit as Rcmart is the reliable place for this stuff. I tried some general international trackers and either it registers a different order it not mine or notes HKG. Will check others to see if they give more info. Outside of buying a 2nd hand boomerang, there isn't much stock out there.

I totally understand the demand for shipping is sky high (pun intended) my real worry is that it either got lost or was delivered and I missed the pack/stolen. The Manta parts came  within weeks which is good so I can get it running. Spares for the sabre would be reassuring at the best. It's not going to be my main runner but a few easy going runs are intended.

The tamiya self tappers might be taking their time but LHS has similar stock and faster delivery/orders.

11 hours ago, TurboRSR said:

Maybe you could use an universal tracker like this one? https://parcelsapp.com/en

orders read as

Departure from outward office of exchange NK GPO

aug 04 and aug 18, respective date  order that i made the 2 orders.

I also stop ordering from rcmart, in the past they where great and ordered a lot from them but the last 1,5 year they suck the prices for parts are not cheap anymore compare to german vendors  and they still have high shipping cost, and the last orders from them take months to arrive.

And long shipping time is not covid, I made orders from asiatees and other chinese vendors and they always arrive within 2 weeks, last time I made an order from hobby plaza japan and that arrived in 1 week.

• Like 1

what are the other alternate options to rc mart. they have a habit of having parts go out of stock and its usually long term.

I don't know what part of the world you are, but I order from geman vendors like tamico, modelbau berlinski, but plazajapan is very good and very cheap prices saved me a lot of money on my last order, I also use asiatees they are also good and always delivered within 2 weeks.

4 minutes ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

Placed a order from rcmart for Blackfoot upgrades August 9 and received on August 26 so 2 weeks and a few days. Fastest I received anything from them lately.

Even if they deliver on time there prices are almost the same as german vendors or more expensive they used to be alot cheaper  and there shipping cost are still high, and then I have to pay also vat and taxes ,so rcmart is for me not the cheaper option anymore.

3 hours ago, dannymulder said:

Even if they deliver on time there prices are almost the same as german vendors or more expensive they used to be alot cheaper  and there shipping cost are still high, and then I have to pay also vat and taxes ,so rcmart is for me not the cheaper option anymore.

I agree on this.  RCMart was my go to for quite a while for Tamiya hop-ups and the occasional kit. But prices have risen to almost equal to what I can get stuff for here in the states that it just isn’t worth it anymore.  Especially taking into account the Covid related shipping delays and shipping price increases.  I will say it bums me out a little bit though.  Call me a nerd, but there was something fun about watching the tracking update as toy car parts made their way to me from the other side of the world!  

• Like 2

@nel33 Just for reference..

I buy all my paints (TS, PS, Tamiya acrylic and Testors enamels) from TowerHobbies in the USA.  I also buy kits from them when available.  They are very good. 

I frequently buy from these good eBay vendors as well:  go-nitro-hobbies, LiquidRC, AMain, Nitro-Master, TonysTamiya Ltd, ScopeDog2009, samurai-japan2009, hwpeterl (M38 repro tires), RC Express.  

I also buy from private eBay sellers world wide.. but I always ask and pay for air parcel when ordering items over $300.  

Then the rest is Amazon (Prime, warehoused and sold by Amazon)..for my receivers, 1060, servo's, misc tools, etc..  I will warn some non-Prime tenants at Amazon are horrible!  

• Like 1

I've purchased from a few of those eBay sellers. EBay is better choice for RC as Amazon is better in hardware than parts or kits. I've used a main  before but they did lose track or sent parts on a wild goose chase once. Think they preferred in person delivery but I never saw the tracking location get anywhere near Quebec ie the province I live in. It just bounced around and settled in Pittsburg if I remember...

If you are wanting Yeah Racing stuff you can try TQRCRacing.com too. Based in the US and tney carry a big range of YR, but also a heap of other parts etc. More racing focussed than most though. I've bought a few things from them, and found that they carry parts that are harder to find.

I made an RCMart order the other day, will see how long it takes. A banggood order arrived really fast this week (a week from ordering to delivery) and they are usually notoriously slow.

• Like 2

Haven't ordered from RCmart since before Covid version 1.0. I have never used their home website a lot and mostly bought through their ebay store, but when covid hit, they blocked every item in my ebay watchlist from being shipped here, so haven't bought anything from them since. 

I used to buy from them all the time back in the day.

• Like 1

@nel33 I’ve only just got back in to RC but all shipping seems so variable. I’m based in Melbourne.

My first order a couple of weeks back took just over a week from RCMart but I’m guessing my latest order will be slower.

Banggood are cheap and have good variety but they were so slow I cancelled and purchased locally in the end.

Discover Japan Mall seem another good option.

Having spent a little time comparing I’m not sure buying locally is much more expensive once you factor in shipping, etc.

I have found my ‘local’ stores are very slow though. I’m getting frustrated paying for express shipping only to find the stores are sitting on the order for a week. I’ve been insisting on shipping cost refunds a lot over the last few weeks. 

• Like 1

If anyone is interested, order placed with rcmart on 1/9 and received today in NZ. 20 days is good enough for me in covid times, it wasn't much faster pre-covid. It took 12 days to arrive in country then another 7 days to get the 5kms from the airport to my house.

i did get 3 delivery notice slips this past friday so thats around 2.5 months for the orders or so. the tracking codes didnt really seem to keep up or werent logged at some points. gonna pick them up this monday when post office is open.

im fairly certain its the sabre/boomerang parts unless someone else made some extra RC orders for me <.<  >.> .

I did an rcmart order on 30th August, and it arrived ~15th September.  not bad, but the tracking didn't seem to work at all.