Front and rear light buckets fitted along with the transparent headlamp stickers from the 51365 body set, the only non-vintage stickers used 

spacer.png

• Like 9

Where on earth did you find one of those bodies? I've wanted to do one for a while - I see MCI do the Bilstein livery (blue/yellow). I've just never been able to track down a bodyshell.

Looks ace B)

• Thanks 1

Tamiya 51471 Audi R8 LMS Body Set on a TA04-RR built entirely from parts with the addition of:

• upgraded one-piece diff joints
  • carbon fibre front and rear damper stays
  • carbon fibre battery straps
  • silver aluminium steering arms 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Where on earth did you find one of those bodies? I've wanted to do one for a while - I see MCI do the Bilstein livery (blue/yellow). I've just never been able to track down a bodyshell.

Looks ace B)

Cheers! I got the body set, inevitably, from Japanese Yahoo. Including fees and domestic shipping it was a tick over £60 and I managed to offset the international shipping by selling a few bits and bobs I shipped with it. Well worth the hassle though, I absolutely love it

I also really love the blue / yellow Bilstein livery, I did something similar on an AMG GT3 shell that sits on my TB02-R bits-a-build using a sticker set I managed to get Nath at MCI to produce for me using a 1/24 decal set as a base and adding in lots of patience and a fair amount of arm twisting!

Again, worth the hassle though 😊

spacer.png

• Like 3

On 8/10/2023 at 5:15 AM, Juhunio said:

Tamiya 51471 Audi R8 LMS Body Set on a TA04-RR built entirely from parts with the addition of:

• upgraded one-piece diff joints
  • carbon fibre front and rear damper stays
  • carbon fibre battery straps
  • silver aluminium steering arms 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Beautiful! B)

I miss my TA-04R. :mellow:

• Thanks 1