Sign in to follow this  
shenlonco

Hotshot speed test

Nice video again, shenlonco.  :D   It's pretty amazing just switching from NiMH to LiPo alone gives so much noticeable gain in power and your video is evidence.

The HotShot (original) was my last RC car back in the day before I moved onto another hobby.  I had a blast with that car, so much usable power it was fantastic.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

Nice video again, shenlonco.  :D   It's pretty amazing just switching from NiMH to LiPo alone gives so much noticeable gain in power and your video is evidence.

The HotShot (original) was my last RC car back in the day before I moved onto another hobby.  I had a blast with that car, so much usable power it was fantastic.  

Thank you, it really makes you gain so much more punch on 2S lipo.  The HotShot is a beauty! Thanks

On 9/6/2021 at 1:29 PM, shenlonco said:

Gps speed tested my Hotshot here's what she does!

MMM little slow hot shot:P for me,  I run a castle 5700kv motor in mine with a 15 tooth pinion do not know how fast it is but a way faster then this one, but nice car

15 hours ago, dannymulder said:

MMM little slow hot shot:P for me,  I run a castle 5700kv motor in mine with a 15 tooth pinion do not know how fast it is but a way faster then this one, but nice car

That's crazy! Yes mine is slower but never will break like yours will these buggies were not meant for the power your putting through it. 

4 hours ago, shenlonco said:

That's crazy! Yes mine is slower but never will break like yours will these buggies were not meant for the power your putting through it. 

To be honest these cars are tough, run more then 50 battery packs trough it on the beach and did not brake a thing on it, only the outdrives are worn now.

But I have got the super hot shot version, I think the suspension parts on the normal one are a little fragile.

6 hours ago, dannymulder said:

To be honest these cars are tough, run more then 50 battery packs trough it on the beach and did not brake a thing on it, only the outdrives are worn now.

But I have got the super hot shot version, I think the suspension parts on the normal one are a little fragile.

yeah on loose surfaces it will be ok but if you jump it and land on hard dirt or in grass it will be much harder on it... sand acts like a big slipper clutch.