alvinlwh

Thank you TC

19 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

I had explained in this post and others why lipo and BL is not the solution I was looking for. Most will agree that my reasons are valid reasons but this guy accused me of making up excuses and should just quit the hobby and take up gardening or kill myself something like that. I don't expect him, you or anyone else to agree with me all the time, but to bluntly accuse me of making things up? From a friend?

I think I posted this before, his solutions to any of the problems I discussed with him is to "get a kyosho, dump a massive BL in and connect a 6s up", whatever reason I do not do was he told, I should just go kill myself. That from a friend of 2 decades, is kind of upsetting. That's the reason why I made this post, to thank the random strangers on TC that are willing to listen to and help me resolve various RC questions and problems. 

A difference in opinion as extreme like that isn't out of the question but his gardening and life comment went waaaaay too far. Probably should go no contact at this point if he is willing to say that. Forgiving him for that comment is very difficult to say the least. It's unlikely he will see the error in his ways but it's still possible if he chills out. I haven't had a situation like that but his comments of that nature to merit NC very easily. Just ignore him or leave minimal thoughts of him, you don't need to dwell on his comments. 

5 hours ago, nel33 said:

A difference in opinion as extreme like that isn't out of the question but his gardening and life comment went waaaaay too far. Probably should go no contact at this point if he is willing to say that. Forgiving him for that comment is very difficult to say the least. It's unlikely he will see the error in his ways but it's still possible if he chills out. I haven't had a situation like that but his comments of that nature to merit NC very easily. Just ignore him or leave minimal thoughts of him, you don't need to dwell on his comments. 

I am going to, as he had muted me on WhatsApp! :lol: At least I have TC here to help with my endless, off the wall, questions, and for that, I am thankful.

Forgive, I probably will, he is a 3 decades old friend after all and for the first decade (the other 2, we are in different countries), he had been of great help to me, life changing type of help. Therefore I had always been grateful to him.

You know, 30 years ago, I was pretty nasty, especially on the web. He was the one that told me to tone down, accept others may have different view/way of doing things, etc... 30 years on, I had, this post was surprising to my wife. Instead of calling him all kinds of *bad words* looking for agreement here (as she expected me to do), I focused on the positives and am grateful for the many helpful answers I got here. It is kind of a shock for me that he had gone the complete opposite way. I know everyone can have a bad day, but I should have seen the signs of his change when I visited him last year (before covid) and any problems (life, models, non-RC, etc) I brought up got slammed down by him.

Speaking of him being a helpful friend, last year, when I visited him, he brought me to the Tamiya dealer in Singapore! Great! Twice! Sounds nice? Well, when I returned to my accomodation, my wife was like "Why did you buy (and spent) so little?" Well, the reason is, while at the dealer, this guy was breathing down my neck saying this is crap, that is rubbish, affecting my ability to browse and decide what to buy. STRANGE! Why bring me there in the first place?!?!

Well, next year or the following, covid permitting, I will be flying to Singapore. This time, I will get another driver to take me there instead of him to allow me to shop (and spend a ton of money) in peace.

Still, thank you for your kind words and all the support from TC in helping me sort my RC problems.

• Like 1