Original Jardasius

Super Clod Buster Black Edition

Is this a fun build?  It's just a lot I never had, never got into, but it's growing on me. I enjoy fun builds more than anything, I know it's no speed queen.

The build wasn't my favorite. You have to pop a lot of ball links and I don't like to use pliers because it marrs the plastic so I ended up killing my fingers. Not super exciting either because you basically just build up the gearbox twice and there's not much else to it. Does look really nice on the shelf though and they seem fun to drive, though I haven't taken mine out yet. Overall worth it for me!

• Like 1

I have 3 bodies painted in different types of Tamiya black

IMG_9342.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

IMG_9343.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

IMG_9344.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

Matt Black with matt clear coat

IMG_9345.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

Metallic Black with TS13 normal clear coat

IMG_9346.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

Not sure which black this is. Could be semi gloss black

• Like 1

Love my Black CB! I had an original one as a kid in '87. I mash it all around the yard chasing my dog.  I modified the servo arm with a longer one at both ends as well as flipped the steering around and mounted the front on the underside of the bellcrank.  I used a 6mm plastic ball from an xray kit.  Turns in a 4' radius now totally fine.  Did a chassis brace, steel pinions and full bearings, otherwise all stock.  Total blast to run and watch it bounce around.  It will keep the stock 540 motors and esc.  I run some stick pack nimh 5000's I got off Amazon for about 30 bucks a pair,  in fact I just ordered 2 more for some future builds.  After racing brushless with lipos for years it's pleasant to run something more nostalgic. 

I run it with a Sanwa M17 radio since it holds pretty much limitless models.  LOL 

Edited by KKrazy
minor punctuation
  • Like 1

I run mine basically stock as well on NIMH's too.... I need to get the steel pinions soon... I LOVE my CB and I get compliments all the time on its custom paint job

• Like 1

Must get mine started 

wpoQM96.jpg

got the MCI original livery and will be doing mine matte black (no clear coat)

also get a small lift kit and the metal alu gear box brace - just REALLY want a Chevy grill - help

JJ