Sign in to follow this  
alvinlwh

HW1625 and TRE-01 alternatives?

Those of you that had been following my SU-01 and SW-01 built would have seen that I had a hard time sourcing suitable ESCs and RX for these build. While I had successfully completed these built with a HW1625 and a Carson Reflex Pro 3 Nano RX, these chassis were really designed with the TRE-01 RX-ESC combo in mind, and while full sized gear can fit in the SW-01, it is rather tight and necessary as it has only a tiny 370. I am wondering if there are any alternatives outside of Japan for the TRE-01? I had seen the FTX Tracer ESC and Receiver that seem to be the same, but cannot find any details about it. There do not seem to be any instructions for it and from pictures, there seem to be no motor wires? I cannot find a picture of that installed and wired up. If it works the same, what TX goes with it? 

Also, while I am OK with the 1625, I am wondering if there are any alternatives to it? Just wanting to use something different (if possible, not that it matters) in my second SW-01 build. 

While on the subject of small electronics, any alternatives to the Carson Nano RX? Thinking of getting a second wheel TX that is not a Carson. I am eying either a CR3P (don't think there are nanos for this) or a RC4GS (the R4FGM is very small). 

I know a lot of 1/24 mini crawlers and the 1/18 rtr buggies on the market have esc/RX combos. I know about purchasing them on their own.

1 hour ago, alvinlwh said:

Also, while I am OK with the 1625, I am wondering if there are any alternatives to it? Just wanting to use something different (if possible, not that it matters) in my second SW-01 build. 

I have the Quicrun 16BL30 I’m my sw-01. Mind you, brushless power can be a bit of a handful in that little chassis. I have gotten used to driving it, but I may still have to turn to EPA or expo down on my transmitter to really keep it under control 

I also have the hobbywing 1625 in mine dancing rider, there are not many little esc and the hobbywing work great and is reliable so why buy an other esc.

I have the rc4gs and an older version for years now very good transmitters, you wil like them and they have a lot more options the a carson a had a carson reflex in the past but I like the radiolink more.

5 hours ago, Dakratfink said:

I have the Quicrun 16BL30 I’m my sw-01. Mind you, brushless power can be a bit of a handful in that little chassis. I have gotten used to driving it, but I may still have to turn to EPA or expo down on my transmitter to really keep it under control 

Sorry, I thought it will be clear with the 1625 question that I am not using BL. The 370ST already makes the SW-01 impossible to drive even with exp set to 0%. Still trying around with the settings to see how I can make it less insane. 

55 minutes ago, dannymulder said:

I also have the hobbywing 1625 in mine dancing rider, there are not many little esc and the hobbywing work great and is reliable so why buy an other esc.

I have the rc4gs and an older version for years now very good transmitters, you wil like them and they have a lot more options the a carson a had a carson reflex in the past but I like the radiolink more.

No reason except I want to be different from the first SW-01 already built, if possible. Don't want them to be complete twins. 

Thanks for the info on the RC4GS, I had downloaded the instructions and am amazed by how complicated it is compared to the Carson. Especially interested to try their gyro built in rx.