Steve brock

Painting suggestions for the hotshot driver

Hi again I'd just like some clarification on the driver I seem to have the moulding in the body and screw on helmet but also a white driver body moulding which one for I use and any idea on colour.

Many thanks 😊 

20210909_070740.jpg

17 minutes ago, Steve brock said:

Hi again I'd just like some clarification on the driver I seem to have the moulding in the body and screw on helmet but also a white driver body moulding which one for I use and any idea on colour.

Many thanks 😊 

20210909_070740.jpg

The white one is useless with a Hotshot. It's for those model which don't have one in the car chassis...

Not the best job in the world, but I left mine black and painted in red seatbelts with silver buckles, and a red helmet with black surround.

Yes I know he doesn't have eyes. He's sleeping ok?

2020-12-31-13-15-24.jpg

• Haha 2

Not much space for the driver to move around inside the Hotshot. Here are two pics from my showroom which might provide some inspiration. 

C8C79BA7-591A-4B9C-BD1A-351A210B3042.jpeg

D055D23C-EF9E-4EF8-8C20-36803A36180F.jpeg

• Like 3

On 9/9/2021 at 12:26 PM, alvinlwh said:

Try this thread.

Some seriously good work on that thread 

16 minutes ago, Mad Zero said:

Some seriously good work on that thread 

If you are really into the shadow, depth thing, you can go mad with painting figures. Painting figures was something I didn't like doing during my 1/35 days. However I since discovered markers and fineliners and I have to say they the turning point for me. Makes painting eyes, lips, etc so much easier. And they do scale up, easier as the scale becomes bigger. If you want a little depth, try some wash (look on static model sites for that). 

@alvinlwh You definitely know how to paint.  Anyone that does 1/35's can easily paint a 1/10 figure, I think, as it's like a huge magnified version. :lol:

If I could only fit Billy's head in the HotShot.. I'd like to make another one in black as the original one I had in the 80's.  It was such a great looking car.  I absolutely loved it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Willy iine said:

@alvinlwh You definitely know how to paint.  Anyone that does 1/35's can easily paint a 1/10 figure, I think, as it's like a huge magnified version. :lol:

If I could only fit a Billy's head in the HotShot.. I'd like to make another one in black as the original one I had in the 80's.  It was such a great looking car.  I absolutely loved it.

Yes but... 

My wife is definitely better at "painting" 1/1 faces than me!

15 hours ago, Ministrone said:

Wow! That’s almost identical to my Crash Cramer.

337B591B-8153-4C47-92D7-1835DB1E998E.jpeg

You even did the stitching on the seat belts!! Good work!

14 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

If you are really into the shadow, depth thing, you can go mad with painting figures. Painting figures was something I didn't like doing during my 1/35 days. However I since discovered markers and fineliners and I have to say they the turning point for me. Makes painting eyes, lips, etc so much easier. And they do scale up, easier as the scale becomes bigger. If you want a little depth, try some wash (look on static model sites for that). 

The driver with the yellow helmet by @Supercoolnothing is just outstanding 

• Thanks 1

On 9/11/2021 at 11:05 PM, Superluminal said:

You even did the stitching on the seat belts!! Good work!

🤣 I wish I was that good, the stitching is part of the seatbelt decal.

• Haha 1