Rider400

Need longer rear axles/spindles

I put a Super BF rear end on my CCP chassis, but in order to use these aluminum wheels I have for my BF build Im gonna need some longer axles. The threading doesnt even show on the inside of the wheel when they are mounted up.

Anyone have any idea what part from what vehicle might work? This is a picture of the stock Blackfoot spindle that are too short. Another 1/2" longer would be suffice.

EDIT" So this is odd these axles are super short, a regular BF wheel wouldnt work on it either so I guess the original Super wheels have a really shallow hub. I think Ill need some longer axles with a standard dogbone slot as Ill need to use my exiting dogbones. Any help on that?

20210910_134747.jpg

20210910_143510.jpg

The OG SBF and KBF rear wheels used a 12mm hex instead of the 5pt hub.

Try a set of CRP #1565s.

Terry

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

The OG SBF and KBF rear wheels used a 12mm hex instead of the 5pt hub.

Try a set of CRP #1565s.

Terry

Just saw that on Tamiya Base. CRP may be hard to find Im thinking that Frog or Brat axles may work, not the early ones with hex cups but the next gen with standard dogbone cutouts.

You could machine a pair of shouldered nuts that extend into the wheel and screw into the standard axle.  The wheel centre would need opening up to accommodate the shaft of the longer nut.

1 hour ago, Toolmaker72 said:

The wheel centre would need opening up to accommodate the shaft of the longer nut.

That is a bad idea especially on a high speed machine. I opened up my wheel to do that to fit it on these and after a while, the wheel exploded. May work if used on silver can or slower motors. 

EDIT: Read the post again, saw it is for aluminium wheels, they maybe stronger than my plastic ones. 61avVs65A5L._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.4791d2c6edfe72e380edcb61bdf53598.jpg