Only4Fun

Happy Birthday to me CC-02 Unimog πŸ˜ƒ

I saw that they are realeasing the CC02 with the Defender body soon, might have to pick one up.Β  Have fun with the Mog!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 87lc2 said:

I saw that they are releasing the CC02 with the Defender body soon, might have to pick one up.Β  Have fun with the Mog!

Β 

241856306_4126942980765940_4902415017420061601_n.jpg

19 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Happy Birthday @Only4Fun! Β 

Β 

So.. when does the build start? Β  I'm also interested in the CC02.Β :D

Today πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘

20210914_133843.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Good progress today. Letting the air bubbles disperse overnight from the dampers. A very enjoyable build so far πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘

20210915_171754.jpg

• Like 3

This thread is slowly convincing me to pull the trigger on one of these...nice work so far.Β  I read in another thread on TC that the build was tedious.Β  Not that it would put me off, but nice to hear that you;re finding it a pleasure.Β 

• Like 1

my fingers are getting itchy. I love the Unimog and seeing as Defender bodies are quite easy to get hold of why wait!!!!

• Like 1

Didn't do a lot today. I got the dampers assembled and installed them on the chassis, and fittedΒ the side rails.

We're going to Goodwood Race Revival tomorrow so work will probably continue at the weekend.

20210916_160204.jpg

• Like 2

I have to make it to Goodwood one of these years, looks like an amazing event.Β Β 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 87lc2 said:

I have to make it to Goodwood one of these years, looks like an amazing event.Β Β 

Never been to the Festival of Speed but we've been to the Revival a few times over the past 20 years. It's a great weekend. You can't beat the sounds and smells of the old cars and bikes.

This is a video I made at the 2019 event onΒ "Qualifying Friday"Β Β 

Β 

• Like 4

Love those old Jags, and ACs, and just about everything else there.Β  Looks awesome.Β 

• Like 1

The CC02 is on my list of purchases. It has been pushed down the list a bit due to the Super Avante being released but I will get one eventually. I think I'm liking the Defender a bit more but I LOVE the Unimog. I wish they could figure out a way to make a functional PTO for it. I don't know why you'd need it, but it would be cool to see.

• Like 1

It's been raining on and off today and because I can only spray outside, or in my garage, I decided not to paint the body today. Instead I continued with the chassis and installed the servo, ESC, receiver box, receiver and the front and rear bumpers. I gave it a bench test and everything runs as it should, which is always a relief πŸ˜€πŸ‘
Β 

20210919_145028.jpg

• Like 1