taffer

58700 Land Rover CC-02S

Oh ^#%}{{^^ another resolution out the window. Hopefully it won’t appear til next year🤞🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's cool.  The biggest issue I have with my CC01's is turn radius and I read that the CC02 addressed this issue so I might look into it too.   Thanks, @taffer.

• Like 1

We need pictures. I presume it will the same as the CC01 but maybe pre painted body🤔 and the S I presume means short(wheelbase) which I thought the Unimog was though I don’t believe they called it S?

Well, on the list!  Funny thing is that I placed an order with TamiyaUSA today and threw in the CC-02 spur adapter to get to $50 and free shipping.  I don’t currently have a CC-02.  Apparently I subconsciously knew this was coming lol!

• Haha 1

🥱 look at the wheels and tyres. More for the spares bin. I could mark out a full race track with those hockey 🏒 pucks 😄. I would put money on a pre painted shell. Having said that I quite like that blue!!!

just knowing there is a live axle behind that bumper makes a difference!!

Unlike pro's like @Busdriver my crawler parts bin is completely empty (like my head) so I'm on board with those black wheels and tires!   :lol:   

I was looking at getting a Gelande (sp?) II with the Defender90 body so this is perfect.  I rather build one than RTR~.  Cause mine will be olive drab with Willy inside.  

2 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Unlike pro's like @Busdriver my crawler parts bin is completely empty (like my head) so I'm on board with those black wheels and tires!   :lol:   

I was looking at getting a Gelande (sp?) II with the Defender90 body so this is perfect.  I rather build one than RTR~.  Cause mine will be olive drab with Willy inside.  

A Willys Land Rover, how ironic!!! I have to say an army theme would be high on my list. My brother has a 1:1 wolf land rover which I love. It’s only those wheels or more specifically the tyres, they are used on about 4 models that I have, that are useless. There ok on tarmac / loose gravel but off road they are like slicks.

I’ll probably still get one. I’ve been toying with a Unimog so could get either then get the other body. I do like twoforone deals!!

is there a pc Olive drab paint you’ve ever seen?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

A Willys Land Rover, how ironic!!! I have to say an army theme would be high on my list. My brother has a 1:1 wolf land rover which I love. It’s only those wheels or more specifically the tyres, they are used on about 4 models that I have, that are useless. There ok on tarmac / loose gravel but off road they are like slicks.

I’ll probably still get one. I’ve been toying with a Unimog so could get either then get the other body. I do like twoforone deals!!

is there a pc Olive drab paint you’ve ever seen?

:lol:  I have a Beetle that Billy drives, a Pajero Willy drives, so it's fine.   My fleet does not discriminate where the cars come from). 

I would paint PS white from the outside (might paint the roof from the inside and keep it glossy) and spray TS5 over the PS white for a matte olive drab finish to match my other cars.  

Good to see the CC02 getting another release - I've found mine to be a great chassis, not sure why they don't get more love TBH!

• Like 1

Really glad to see this body on this chassis. I was thinking of picking up a Defender body and a CC02 G-Wagon kit. This might be the first time Tamiya is saving me money!

Now if they would just put the Ford Bronco and Land Cruiser on the CC02, that would be perfection.

1 hour ago, RCcoachworks said:

Really glad to see this body on this chassis. I was thinking of picking up a Defender body and a CC02 G-Wagon kit. This might be the first time Tamiya is saving me money!

Now if they would just put the Ford Bronco and Land Cruiser on the CC02, that would be perfection.

And the Jeep...

• Like 1