Lunchy

Tamiya Citroen 2 CV 1/10 4WD M-05Ra - Bearings

Hello everyone.

I am looking to see if I can get bearings for the Tamiya Citroen 2 CV 1/10 4WD M-05Ra.  I looked on FastEddy bearings and for the ones below... but not sure if those will work.. same chassis it looks like but it's a 1/12.  Any help would be awesome!!!

https://www.fasteddybearings.com/tamiya-renault-5-turbo-m-05ra-sealed-bearing-kit/

The M-05RA chassis is the same for both models, so the bearings will fit. The scale only applies to the bodyshells.

I just finished that chassis with the Suzuki Swift shell not long ago and can tell you that the M-05 chassis parts all work for this. Other than bearings, check out this list of what I have in mine, and they are all listed as M-05 parts. I actually don't think there are specific parts for the Ra. 

The main (and only?) difference is that there are different mounting holes for the suspension for the ride height. Step 9 F1 part & 16-7 F5 part. Mine is currently set at regular M-05 ride height. 

This is good stuff... thanks.

Is it safe to say that most or any M-05 parts will work on any M chassis... such as the Yeah Racing 55mm damper set for 1/10 touring car will work on the M-05RA chassis?

thanks

8 minutes ago, Lunchy said:

Is it safe to say that most or any M-05 parts will work on any M chassis... such as the Yeah Racing 55mm damper set for 1/10 touring car will work on the M-05RA chassis?

Yes to a limited extent. The main difference between the two are the adjustable parts. I don't think there is an AM F1 part but 54267 looks to have the two mounting holes required for height adjustment. 

I cannot comment on YR parts; I have no luck getting them in the UK other than ebay with stupid postage. 

Edit: missed the part about the 55mm shocks. Yes, will fit. I actually used the Tamiya set labelled as for TT-02.

Have you got your bearings yet. I’m thinking you are in the UK if so go to RCbearings.co.uk they have individual bearings as well as sets for almost every Tamiya and other makes!

20 hours ago, Lunchy said:

I am looking to see if I can get bearings for the Tamiya Citroen 2 CV 1/10 4WD M-05Ra. 

4wd??? 

Looks like the M-05Ra is based off the regular M-05 chassis so it looks like it is FWD.  Still looking though because I thought it was 4WD.

thansk!

@Busdriver

I haven't gotten the bearings yet... I live in the US... usually if I can I get my bearings directly from FastEddy.

16 minutes ago, Lunchy said:

@Busdriver

I haven't gotten the bearings yet... I live in the US... usually if I can I get my bearings directly from FastEddy.

No matter where you get them from, you will need:

6 of 850

12 of 1150

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alvinlwh said:

No matter where you get them from, you will need:

6 of 850

12 of 1150

Yep. The industrial way of indicating bearings seems to be "inner diameter x outer diameter x thickness."  

So 5x8x2.5mm for 850 (Tamiya indicates outer diameter first, so it would be easier to pick out).  And 5x11x4mm for 1150.  

If you build just one car, pre-packaged set is convenient.  If you build more than 1, using the size to buy would be cheaper (usually about $5 for 10 bearings). 

https://www.rcmart.com/yeah-racing-rc-ptfe-bearing-5x11x4mm-10pcs-yb6014b-s10-00001611

https://www.rcmart.com/yeah-racing-rc-ptfe-bearing-5x8x2-5mm-10pcs-yb6011b-s10-00001610

1 hour ago, Juggular said:

Yep. The industrial way of indicating bearings seems to be "inner diameter x outer diameter x thickness."  

So 5x8x2.5mm for 850 (Tamiya indicates outer diameter first, so it would be easier to pick out).  And 5x11x4mm for 1150.

I get confused by all these. I just type in as indicated in the instructions into ebay, or just buy a set according to chassis. 

They often come marked as 115zz, for example, whatever it means. Bottom line, to me not in the industry, as long as it fits. 

• Like 1