Sign in to follow this  
topforcein

R.I.P sir clive Sinclair

We have lost a true great inventor a couples of day's ago 16/09/21.

We have call came across something he invented or "slated it"

• Like 1

Very sad . I was watching the episode of James Mays cars of the people which featured the C5 just the other day and today I've heard about Jimmy Greaves and John Challis passing - R.I.P. guys

• Like 1

My first computer at age 13 was a Sinclair ZX81 (Timex Sinclair 1000 in the USA).  Convinced my dad to spend $50 and promised I would write all my own software for it; he was concerned I would want to buy a lot of software.  So with an old black and white TV, cassette tape recorder, and the ZX81, I taught myself BASIC and Zilog Z80 assembly language/machine code.  One thing led to another, and here I am today as an engineer!

• Like 4

On 9/20/2021 at 4:37 PM, speedy_w_beans said:

My first computer at age 13 was a Sinclair ZX81 (Timex Sinclair 1000 in the USA).  Convinced my dad to spend $50 and promised I would write all my own software for it; he was concerned I would want to buy a lot of software.  So with an old black and white TV, cassette tape recorder, and the ZX81, I taught myself BASIC and Zilog Z80 assembly language/machine code.  One thing led to another, and here I am today as an engineer!

same here mine was the zx 48+ that my parents brought me for a christmas present but luckly they had offers on at the time so mine came complete with tape for loading games and a games package plus for me the best part was the flat screen tv oh and a joystick plus interface and i still have it all to this day i did have to replace the keyboard membrain a couple of years back  plus the foot springs all due to age related i was thinking of doing a rf conversion but it will work on a led/lcd tv all you have to do is select anologue tv instead if digital tv.

when they come up for sale the zx81 and the zx80 fetch silly money mind saying that if they come complete with original packagein any specky will comand good money