JimmyMcGoose

Wanted - Super Astute parts

I’m after a few parts if anyone has them. Happy to buy a parts tree if necessary. 

D1 and D5

MD13 and MC15

Thanks 

Ok, so after a bit of research I’ve managed to source most of the parts but there’s still a couple of bits I can’t get. 
One of these chassis stays. Possibly also used on the avante and egress?

image.jpg

And finally, the wing mount plastic parts E1 and E4 were n the picture. Would the equivalent parts from another chassis like a top force fit?

Thanks 

image.jpg

The chassis stay is also definitely an Egress part, the wing stay is also Top Force and TF  Evo .

• Like 1

those B8 stabiliser bits were only ever on the standard Astute, not the Super or the Super re-re. Unfortunately they are on the B parts tree which are the arms, and make unicorn poo look as plentiful as the number of times "Elvis" on Wheeler Dealers mentions he used to be an F1 mechanic.

So, you could either not bother with them, or you'd have to ask someone who happens to have an original Astute and access to CAD software and knowledge of 3D printing if they would be kind enough to go and measure their part (no, not that one) and model one up for you and send you an stl file to use on Shapeways....

If only there were such a wonderful, handsome and charming person.......

• Haha 2

On 9/21/2021 at 11:44 AM, JimmyMcGoose said:

Ok, so after a bit of research I’ve managed to source most of the parts but there’s still a couple of bits I can’t get. 
One of these chassis stays. Possibly also used on the avante and egress?

image.jpg

@JimmyMcGoose Hey mate, not sure how OG you're looking to make your car, but if it's more about function, conversion or just getting it back on the road then hope this helps... I recently replaced those standoff posts on a old quite heavily race modified Madcap I bought a couple of weeks ago. The previous owner had just used some 5mm ally solid rod, cut to 25mm, drilled and threaded the ends for screws top and bottom. One had bent the screw slightly (assume from a nasty awkward crash), but they had held up well in racing from the looks of it. I swapped them out for some threaded hex bar I bought from my local nut and bolt shop - I had to cut them down to 25mm and retap (3mm) the cut end as the thread had not been cut right the way through the rod. They are very solid and the hex shape helps. However they are steel, so are fairly heavy for what they are and don't exactly look bad, but perhaps not that attractive either - check out my recent build thread for pics - 

Anyway, I've since ordered the below in black from eBay, M3 25mm ally standoff posts. At 7mm diameter I think they will hold up fine even without the flanged base shown in your pics above - 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132128214893?hash=item1ec3748f6d:g:AX8AAOSwKcRgms89

They arrived today and look very well made, and came with button head bolts for an extra 49p. These will only be on my car for a short while as I have ordered the super astute battery tray from US ebayer 'nitro-master' (not cheap postage/import costs wise, but buying multiple items gets some significant discounts on those charges) to put some more weight to the front of the car with the front to back battery lay out, and I believe from looking at the manual the rear battery mount replaces those chassis stay/stand off posts you are referring to above, as it supports the rear bulk head and rear shock mount.

On 9/24/2021 at 2:37 PM, jonboy1 said:

those B8 stabiliser bits were only ever on the standard Astute, not the Super or the Super re-re. Unfortunately they are on the B parts tree which are the arms, and make unicorn poo look as plentiful as the number of times "Elvis" on Wheeler Dealers mentions he used to be an F1 mechanic.

So, you could either not bother with them, or you'd have to ask someone who happens to have an original Astute and access to CAD software and knowledge of 3D printing if they would be kind enough to go and measure their part (no, not that one) and model one up for you and send you an stl file to use on Shapeways....

If only there were such a wonderful, handsome and charming person.......

Thanks, I’ve just looked on shapeways and it’s on there already. Wouldn’t have thought of that if you hadn’t mentioned it!

14 hours ago, Kol__ said:

@JimmyMcGoose Hey mate, not sure how OG you're looking to make your car, but if it's more about function, conversion or just getting it back on the road then hope this helps... I recently replaced those standoff posts on a old quite heavily race modified Madcap I bought a couple of weeks ago. The previous owner had just used some 5mm ally solid rod, cut to 25mm, drilled and threaded the ends for screws top and bottom. One had bent the screw slightly (assume from a nasty awkward crash), but they had held up well in racing from the looks of it. I swapped them out for some threaded hex bar I bought from my local nut and bolt shop - I had to cut them down to 25mm and retap (3mm) the cut end as the thread had not been cut right the way through the rod. They are very solid and the hex shape helps. However they are steel, so are fairly heavy for what they are and don't exactly look bad, but perhaps not that attractive either - check out my recent build thread for pics - 

Anyway, I've since ordered the below in black from eBay, M3 25mm ally standoff posts. At 7mm diameter I think they will hold up fine even without the flanged base shown in your pics above - 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132128214893?hash=item1ec3748f6d:g:AX8AAOSwKcRgms89

They arrived today and look very well made, and came with button head bolts for an extra 49p. These will only be on my car for a short while as I have ordered the super astute battery tray from US ebayer 'nitro-master' (not cheap postage/import costs wise, but buying multiple items gets some significant discounts on those charges) to put some more weight to the front of the car with the front to back battery lay out, and I believe from looking at the manual the rear battery mount replaces those chassis stay/stand off posts you are referring to above, as it supports the rear bulk head and rear shock mount.

Thanks, I’m aiming for a full restoration. I love how over engineered everything is!