DeadMeat666

Number of RC's you currently own!

How many RC's do you currently have?  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll go first:

I have 21, with 1 on the way. I surprised even myself when I counted them yesterday. I should really just focus on finishing all the ones I have before jumping at every opportunity to get the next new thing, but that's just me. Also I started only 2 years ago (gulp!).

I'd like to know how I compare to the rest of you good people, if only to reassure myself that I'm not alone :lol:.

• Like 1

I have about 15 and want to keep it around that number. I've had more in the past but now I think having too much stuff just creates unnecessary stress.  If I had 100 cars I'd be worrying about having to replace 100 sets of tyres when they start to crack!  For me 15 is the right balance of having a good selection and being able to maintain them all.

• Like 3

ERM..... and that's not all of them either, despite what the photo says! You can never have too much of a good thing!

ALL TOGETHER.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I just did a count up and I have 30. If I hadn’t checked, I’d have told you I only had 20.

These guys just multiply !!!!

• Like 1

I have 17 and 2 on order! But I've deliberately set shelves to only except up to 20 and that's my limit! 2 of my collection are on my selling hit list so as it stands it will still be 17! 

I don't know whether to be worried or reassured by the responses ;) I only have two in my possession but another in the post and one more on pre-order. I'm also looking at a Clod. Given I only got my first, the Egress, a few weeks ago I'm averaging 4 a month :P

In the 30+ category.  Exact count, unknown.  I've got a couple of days of work and it's possible I'll pull all the boxes down and do a full inventory.  Then again, I might spend the time in the workshop, or in the studio, or just chilling out alone and recharging the internal batteries.  Just got back from a relaxing weekend away with the wife, which naturally means my nerves are frayed to breaking point*

But still, it's vaguely worrying that I don't know how many cars I have.  Also hard to do an exact count - does a box of bits containing a Monster Beetle chassis and transmission count as a car?  Probably not.  But what about the King Blackfoot with a few broken pieces and disintegrated tyres?  I would say yes.  But it doesn't have much more than the Monster Beetle.

What about the complete spare FF01 chassis that I keep beside my FF01 race car?  Is it a complete car if it never gets a shell and tyres of its own and is only ever used as a parts donor for the race car?

Like many of us here, I really should stop spending my hard-earned cash on new projects and spend it on finishing what I've started, but starting a new project is so much easier than finishing an old one!

*it's not that my wife and I argue on holiday, it's just that I find being away from home and routine incredibly stressful, so holidays aren't exactly relaxing for me, I usually book a couple of days off after my holidays to get over them :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Alwb68 said:

These guys just multiply !!!!

Told you to keep the boys and girls apart! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Mad Ax said:

I usually book a couple of days off after my holidays to get over them :lol:

I went away for a month last year, got issued a Quarantine Order of 2 weeks when I return (just at the start of covid in mod Feb) and that 2 weeks was my real holiday! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

Embarrassingly im in the + 30 category.

No need to be shy about it. 90% of us will eventually end up right there with you :lol:

• Thanks 1

There is a missing category in this vote : "unknown, as many are actually in parts" :lol:

That being said, started at 2 on Jan 1st this year.

Currently the count is at 20 (I included my kids one, which is slightly unfair, but). And among the 12 that are mine, 4 are actually parted for restoration.

But that type of count change quickly when you search for parts to restore a car, as sometimes you get lots with surprises pushing the count easily. And if I count the unknow state of the remaining parts, there might be room for 1 additional among the 20 that I have (with those of my kids) so I get in the 20 to 30 categorie.

• Like 1

I'm only at 2, but I have maybe 1/4 to a 1/3 of a...third, in spare parts. I'm fairly confident I won't push too far past 3 though. Space is the main constraint.

I wish I could push past 10 or 20! 

Danger signs...I am looking at better tools and storage containers for parts etc...

3 Tamiyas, 1 Nikko, 2 Radioshacks but then three or so projects, so either 6 or 9.

In all honesty I think I've got enough, although another GF01 as a Monster Truck would balance it out nicely. 

I have 14 cars at this moment, I had more then 40 once, for now I do not want a lot more cars because some of then are allready sitting more on the shelf then I drive them, I like to build stuff, so I found out 3 months ago that I like lego so the building what I am doing now at this moment is lego not rc cars.

Currently 16. But I am going to sell 3 of them soon. But then, there are three more I'd like to buy in the next months (once they are released), so I guess the number is more or less constant, as I don't collect or store any. Only got one (semi-)shelf-queen I wouldn't like to break. All others are driven to the max, when they get used. I'm primarily into racing and tend to have a car ready for any (sub-)class I'm interested in.

Um, it’s between 80 and 100.......Atleast I think it is. It’s up there somewhere. But I am in control, I just do it for fun, I can stop any time, honest

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I am 30+ including unbuilt kits and 'future projects'.

I've been 'on a break' from RC. That turned into being 'on a break from building RC' :D as I've had a couple of days running with el kid, which has been great.

I've a couple of kits on pre-order but as the weather gets worse towards the end of the year, I might stockpile them until the Spring and painting the bodies is viable.

I don't quite know where I'll put them yet. I need to sell some (more) stuff to make room in the garage.

• Like 2

I have over 30 as well.  But it's not about how many cars one has; it's about the effort and detail put into each of them and ultimately how much enjoyment one gets out of the hobby.  

I'm completely out of display space so my last kits are on order which will carry me for a while..

• Like 3

Hard to give an accurate number, but at the moment less than 10 are in running order. Also didn't count my SG Coyote because I have no idea where it is! And I didn't count the few smaller toy-grade Nikkos that don't really work anymore and are basically just static shelfers.

• Like 1