Pinoy808

TH coupons

Just saw that Towers no longer accept coupons for tamiya products.  It ll probably affect my buying

Oh, that cycles through.  It would work on some week, it doesn't work on some other week. 

You might want to wait for another coupon next week. 

• Like 1

I’ve seen that happen too.   I mostly only buy Tamiya paints and misc supplies from there as their Tamiya selection is very limited.  

What I've observed recently is that Tamiya kits are being excluded from their weekly sales; whereas before, they would usually have 2-3 kits that are included. Sometimes, TH coupons would even stack on kits that are already on sale as well... I frequently check their website and see what products are on sale especially Tamiya stuff but I've seen nothing so far. 

I don't think that OP is accurate.  Just for giggles I added a VQS to my cart and added the '50YEARS' coupon code and it took $50 off the kit in my cart.  Sometimes the sale coupons aren't applicable toward Tamiya products but their standard coupons and their premier super saver coupons certainly work on any Tamiya kit at any time and those are often better savings than the sales they have.  BTW if you're ever thinking of buying a kit from Tower, pay the $9.99 for the super saver club. The coupons are better and you'll make money on your first kit.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, A-Baum said:

I don't think that OP is accurate.  Just for giggles I added a VQS to my cart and added the '50YEARS' coupon code and it took $50 off the kit in my cart.  Sometimes the sale coupons aren't applicable toward Tamiya products but their standard coupons and their premier super saver coupons certainly work on any Tamiya kit at any time and those are often better savings than the sales they have.  BTW if you're ever thinking of buying a kit from Tower, pay the $9.99 for the super saver club. The coupons are better and you'll make money on your first kit.

Agreed! 

The coupon still work... it's just that lately, they haven't been putting any Tamiya kits on sale... 

7 hours ago, A-Baum said:

Thanks for the heads up! I was adding the premiere coupon and getting "coupon cannot be added to your cart."  I also saw that they no longer list tamiya on coupon eligible list.  What I didn't know was that my premiere membership expired🙄.  That's why it didn't go through.  Sorry for the confusion everyone!

You had me worried there...I exclusively but Tamiya from Tower due to the coupons...Glad I dont have to stop buying :)  

1 hour ago, 87lc2 said:

You had me worried there...I exclusively but Tamiya from Tower due to the coupons...Glad I dont have to stop buying :)  

I'm mostly like you as the TH coupons are awesome, but you may have to branch out to find other kits.  Tower is odd in some of the kits they decide to never carry.  Like the Novafox and some others. They also don't seem to get replenished.  For example the Avante just had another run and some LHS got a few here and there. Tower got zero as far as I can tell.  Who knows their logic in how they decide what to carry.  

2 minutes ago, A-Baum said:

I'm mostly like you as the TH coupons are awesome, but you may have to branch out to find other kits.  Tower is odd in some of the kits they decide to never carry.  Like the Novafox and some others. They also don't seem to get replenished.  For example the Avante just had another run and some LHS got a few here and there. Tower got zero as far as I can tell.  Who knows their logic in how they decide what to carry.  

I hear you.  It's funny, with Tamiya being a novelty for me I just buy whatever kit is cheap and available, there's not much I "have to have" from Tamiya.  For example, I've been wanting a 4WD buggy lately and since Tower has the VQS and I can use the coupon I'll just get that.  I do like the look of the Fox though, honestly didn't even know that was still available since I usually just see what Tower has.  You have made your point sir!