Sign in to follow this  
blu-tak

M Chassis Rally / Buggy / Wide Arm (M03 M05 Tl01) ?M07?

I know a bit about Tamiya M03 chassis, and with TL01 or TL01B one can turn it into a tourer, rally or mini buggy (the arms and driveshafts switch in easily enough)

Same question applied to M05 and/or M07 - what other tamiya model would support the idea of widening it rally width or buggy width?

Probably not something many have done - but a lot of us may not have a large back garden for out and out 1/10th+ the M chassis can be quite a creative platform

M07 or M08 is something I know little about, could they be 'buggyified'

• Like 1

I really don't know whether modern buggy arms will fit on a modern M chassis. A shame if you can't but I would say that the M07 and M08 appear more track-focused than previous M chassis.

You can certainly monsterize the M03. This one has arms from a Dual Hunter.

31E64360-75AF-41FD-9A5B-9ABD87B1B39C.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

'I really don't know whether modern buggy arms will fit on a modern M chassis. A shame if you can't but I would say that the M07 and M08 appear more track-focused than previous M chassis.

You can certainly monsterize the M03. This one has arms from a Dual Hunter.'

That's one of my key questions - a modern M chassis compatibiltiy.

Thanks for photo of Dual Hunter / M03 any more or a link is welcome.

My similar thread on msuk
Tamiya M05 or M07 Wide Conversion or Buggy options? parts needed? - General - Electric - MSUK RC Car Forum (msuk-forum.co.uk)

I think this forum is a better place to ask

I cannot say for sure, but as Badcrumble said, the M-07 and M-08 are really quite track-focussed, they are the most race-worthy of the M-Chassis line-up. Maybe they can be somehow modded, but they are not meant for it, IMO.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 8:57 AM, Badcrumble said:

I really don't know whether modern buggy arms will fit on a modern M chassis. A shame if you can't but I would say that the M07 and M08 appear more track-focused than previous M chassis.

You can certainly monsterize the M03. This one has arms from a Dual Hunter.

31E64360-75AF-41FD-9A5B-9ABD87B1B39C.jpg

Got anymore pics of this? Pics of the built chassis perhaps? Looks rad!

Sorry @Rider400, I don’t have any more photos at the moment but it is just an M03 with long arms from the Dual Hunter. The body is just resting on the chassis in the photos (you can see the spare tyre propping it up through the windscreen).

I have used the standard Dual Hunter top links. I can’t remember if it has the standard pogos from the DH or whether I swapped over some CVAs. Steering links need fabricating.

I have stickers on the way so will hopefully that will give me the push to get it finished in the next couple of months.

• Like 2

The TL01 (Or WR02/GF01) and TL01B (Or Wild Dagger) arms will also fit the M05 and M06.

For the M07 and M08 I'm not sure as I haven't had any of them myself.