Sign in to follow this  
EastWolfDownUnder

LVC Question: Hobbywing QuicRun WP 1060 Brushed ESC with Lipo

Hi Guys,

I've ordered one of these to use with my RZ motor and 2S Lipo (Egress). Does anyone know if these have a LVC built in? How do you know how much run time to have on these?

I am new to Brushed/Tamiya stuff.... back in my day, I ran NiCad batts until they just went flat hahaha.

Thanks in advance:D

Yes. When the voltage gets to 6.5V the output power is halved, when the voltage gets to 6.0V the ESC will shut down.

If the red light is flashing on the ESC during running the low voltage protection has kicked in.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EastWolfDownUnder said:

Hi Guys,

I've ordered one of these to use with my RZ motor and 2S Lipo (Egress). Does anyone know if these have a LVC built in? How do you know how much run time to have on these?

I am new to Brushed/Tamiya stuff.... back in my day, I ran NiCad batts until they just went flat hahaha.

Thanks in advance:D

Also check out my battery switch hack if you run a mix of lipos and NiMHs in the tips sub forum. 

11 hours ago, Sir Crashalot said:

Yes. When the voltage gets to 6.5V the output power is halved, when the voltage gets to 6.0V the ESC will shut down.

If the red light is flashing on the ESC during running the low voltage protection has kicked in.

And just to add to this excellent answer, make sure you put the battery jumper in the LiPo setting, because on the NiMH setting there is no cutoff.

On 9/30/2021 at 2:24 AM, sosidge said:

And just to add to this excellent answer, make sure you put the battery jumper in the LiPo setting, because on the NiMH setting there is no cutoff.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. I will post my build when started in the builds section