martinjpayne

Does anyone make a Porsche 911 (930) Turbo bodyshell?

Does any company make a 1/10 scale Porsche 930 Turbo bodyshell, or has anyone ever tried to fit the Tamiya 934's whaletail to the 911 Carrera RSR body? 

It's for a rally car model, so I don't just want to use a 934 with the flared arches and front spoiler.

I only have the 911 RSR not the 934. But I think the scale would be a bit off if you tried to fit the 934 rear wing to the RSR. RSR is about 1:9 true scale. It's big.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, martinjpayne said:

It's for a rally car model, so I don't just want to use a 934 with the flared arches and front spoiler.

The group 4 rally cars did have flares and front spoiler, but with a ducktail spoiler at the rear. So it wouldn't be wrong to use the 934 as a basis either. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TurboRSR said:

The group 4 rally cars did have flares and front spoiler, but with a ducktail spoiler at the rear. So it wouldn't be wrong to use the 934 as a basis either. 

Hmmm, thanks. Food for thought there... next questions will be:

(1) where can I get a ducktail to replace the whaletail on the Tamiya 934 bodyshell?

(2) what front/rear arm and plastic (not carbon or frp) TA01/02 chassis combination will I need to get the correct (230mm?) wheelbase?