hammer10

Porsche 911 Carrera RSR body set on a standard TA-02...

Hello, not a big fan of the TT-02, so looking to purchase the Porsche 911 Carrera body set and mount on a vintage TA-02 chassis that I already have. Has anyone tried this, and/or will it fit without converting chassis to TA-02SW specs?  Thank you

911 GT2 (as in the Taisan Starrcard) Porsche requires the SW body, as does the 934 shell (and even then the 934 doesn't fit properly).

Converting a TA02 to SW is easy enough though, you just need SW rear arms and different offset wheels, both readily available because of the slew of SW rere's.

3 hours ago, djmcnz said:

911 GT2 (as in the Taisan Starrcard) Porsche requires the SW body, as does the 934 shell (and even then the 934 doesn't fit properly).

Converting a TA02 to SW is easy enough though, you just need SW rear arms and different offset wheels, both readily available because of the slew of SW rere's.

The 911 Carrera RSR requires a 251mm wheelbase chassis. 

From what I have read this can be achieved by using the TA01 rear arms (same as the TA02SW uses) and just flip them around. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TurboRSR said:

lol - topic read fail on my part... I just saw "911" and thought of mine... and I don't have a RSR... as a matter of interest how different (in shape not size) are the RSR and 934 Tamiya bodies? IRL they're not too dissimilar, one being an evolution of the other. i.e. could you get away with a 934 body (on a TA02SW chassis) posing as an RSR?

8 hours ago, TurboRSR said:

From what I have read this can be achieved by using the TA01 rear arms (same as the TA02SW uses) and just flip them around. 

Ok, so just the TA-01 rear arms ? Since the 911 RSR was on what appears to be a standard TT-02, I just assumed it would fit on a standard TA-02 (with wide off-set rear wheels). 

3 hours ago, hammer10 said:

Ok, so just the TA-01 rear arms ? Since the 911 RSR was on what appears to be a standard TT-02, I just assumed it would fit on a standard TA-02 (with wide off-set rear wheels). 

Just the arms should do it as far as I know. On the TT02 (not S or SR) you can also flip the rear arms to choose between 257mm or 251mm wheelbase, that's why the Carrera RSR body fits.     

• Like 1