Welp, I'm holding my breath for this to come and breath for me............................................

Saylor-Beall 5 HP Performance Package Two-Stage Air Compressor 17.3 CFM @ 175 PSI, 80 Gallon Air Tank 208/230-Volt, 1-Phase | VT-735-80-1-FP

VT-735-80FP

been learning more about air compressors as of late since my 27 gallon Husky took its last breath awhile ago.

In Conclusion, this will be the last air compressor i'll ever need to purchase.

there's going to be pictures later of mechanical art on the wall to cool, dry, trap, drain, filter and give a lot more gusto to my air tools.

Blow me down or up which ever comes first:lol:

• Like 2

That looks like a nice piece of kit, looking forward to seeing how your cooling and filtering setup looks, all I have is a cheap Clarke water trap on an ancient Clarke compressor, which is probably partly why I don't get great results from my airbrush.

4 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

That looks like a nice piece of kit, looking forward to seeing how your cooling and filtering setup looks, all I have is a cheap Clarke water trap on an ancient Clarke compressor, which is probably partly why I don't get great results from my airbrush.

I have only sprayed painted a whole car once, and various projects through out time, for the most part it's pneumatic tools and the tire fills.

been reading so much on compressors of things i never knew they are so far from just plugging some cord in the wall, so not only have i read extensively on all aspects from water, contaminants, drains, traps, cooling, there's so much i read with all the different types of AC's Rotary vane/screw, Pre- lubrication, oil-less  and for me Splash, (found out that oil-less at the most they only have a 3000 hour life on their pumps. Aluminum heads with cast iron sleeves, Cast heads, different types of pump valves, motors, lower RPM for longevity. Can use with Black Iron pipe, Copper (I am using copper) and or aluminum (never use PVC Pipe) What metals to use that are compatible with less galvanic activity and so much other info, somethings I knew already, a ton of things i knew nothing about but all in all it's been quite the exploration and just knowing the fact (learned through The Garage Journal Forum) NO More Box Store Air Compressors) I wanted an air compressor to out live me.

So when shopping i came down to three (and yes there's a few more i had cross examined) but in this order it came down to Saylor-Beall, Champion and FS Curtis)

There's quite a lot of new so called Silent Air Compressors also different ways to silent them if yours is not (Solberg Silencers)

I really wanted the Kellogg American but somewhat hard to find it looked like a Train to me and there logo was so nostalgic ....

j2wUsBe.jpg

any ways, gathering various ball valves, reducers, plugs, nipples and airline fittings, hose reel (been rolling up hoses for yars' now), struts and clamps, filters, traps, air dryer, unions, had some things here already being i do plumbing quite often, there's only a lil electrical to do being there's no plugging this into the wall.

soon as more parts arrive i'll post em' and go over what they are just for fun and perhaps maybe that some of you here can post their air museum mechanical art on here also.

This reminds me of Steam Boy a great story and movie.

• Like 2

VT-735-80FP ORDERED!

Been collecting bits and pieces, Wow!

O1K4923.jpg

n19gevP.jpg

using bicycle headsets for air filter holders, post details later.

• Like 1

Just finished the final touches for the ENM Hour Meter Mount for Harpoon Hanna (that's what I named her, the S-B Compressor that is)............

2" PVC pipe & Cap

GHyDRNdl.jpg

A Spare Shock

7Z5bqORl.jpg

Painted with Shaker Hood Matte Black

OeWl6M9l.jpg

MC cable inside is ACER's 12 AWG Super Worm Silicone wires 

UaXggnVl.jpg

CF Vinyl Wrap and Yeah Racing Aluminum Diamond Plate.

ImDmxnVl.jpg

• Like 2

What's in a Tamiyan ? a Fun filled creative adventurous always trying, learning and sharing ideas with fellow Tamiyan citizens:lol:

• Haha 1

When I scroll through the montage pictures of all these random components that you are assembling into something I cant help but hear the A-Team theme in my head.

• Haha 3

How'd I word it before? Aw! yes, something always leads to the other, It all started with the Dodge's bump steer, then acquiring all suspension parts, "Well what would help with this build? an air compressor, please Eric do not stop there, lets remodel the garage again, oh the Western room's entertainment recessed area into the garage, now let's revamp that room, WHAT! ATMOS? what in the world is this? Time to upgrade the 7.1 system, that'll make it nice. Seems i can't stop. Ok so lets think slightly further into the future, haven't had a fish tank since my early twenty's let me start off with a 25 gallon tank and get re-acquainted with my finned friends. Well this looks nice on the bar but there is even more room for a larger tank, lets see if this first is really the deep end i want to go? Ok a 75 will fit, acrylic i shall order seems to be as everything else has it's up & downsides. Fish are rather tranquil to watch haven't been this calm in ages. This pic is the 25 GL. tank, the 75 SeaClear is being made.

WgmhRpj.jpg

These following pics are what I vinyl wrapped. I got bored of the plain electrical plates and I do have some resin and real oak ones in the house, then i thought about ViVViD Vinyl and figured "I'm going to dial this in".........................................

xrCKpcQ.jpg

EIKmbOb.jpg

OhdsrgG.jpg