Sign in to follow this  
foz75

My hotshot! (finally)

I started this a year ago, but what with being away, covid, stripping the chassis holes and waiting for a new one, it's taken until now to finish. And I've just realised I've missed the number decals from the wing... I wanted to do something other than box art, but that tied in with the black and red of the chassis to avoid needing to paint the red parts. Only upgrades so far are full ball bearings, the wheels, and the colour. I might look for a different motor on black, which will fit in a bit better. I also need to swap the ESC battery connector for a deans so that I can hide the cable more easily.

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-02 at 16.05.06.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-02 at 16.05.05 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-02 at 16.05.05.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-02 at 16.05.04.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-02 at 16.05.03.jpeg

• Like 12

Nice looking 'shot. Is it airbrush or stickers? This was my first build when I got back into the hobby 10+ years ago. Still one of my favourite runners but its limitations are quite noticeable if and when you get a more modern chassis. If you do run it, be sure to upgrade your pinion too - the soft alloy pinion won't last long and will end up eating your spur gear. Enjoy 👍

:D the only stickers I have for the lights are the BL ones in the kit...  would like something different but these are better than nothing for now

The only paint on there is the PS41bright silver, everything else is stickers (cheap flag stickers from ebay, nothing special). And yes, I need a steel spur but I won't be running it too much or too hard

Silver-can, I'm also NE england - any recommendations for places to drive? outdoor dirt circuits, or even just a good area for bashing about? I'm not interested in carpet tracks - these are meant for proper dirt!

thanks!

8 hours ago, foz75 said:

:D the only stickers I have for the lights are the BL ones in the kit...  would like something different but these are better than nothing for now

The only paint on there is the PS41bright silver, everything else is stickers (cheap flag stickers from ebay, nothing special). And yes, I need a steel spur but I won't be running it too much or too hard

Silver-can, I'm also NE england - any recommendations for places to drive? outdoor dirt circuits, or even just a good area for bashing about? I'm not interested in carpet tracks - these are meant for proper dirt!

thanks!

I'm near the coast so always enjoy a good blat on the beach- just a bit of a pain when cleaning down afterwards. Otherwise, local woodland and park areas are my favourite spots. 

I've just finished my Hotshot build in similar fashion going against the box art. Really should get pics up here. I'm also in NE , Marske by the Sea near Redcar and also looking for places a middle aged man can use it! I'm loath to use the beach for obvious reasons and would love to get back on a proper outdoor circuit at some point.

That's a sharp looking Hotshot! Really like the color scheme and black wheels