Sign in to follow this  
vintagebackyardrc

Tamiya Hornet time attack.

Love the cable camera!

Yeah, the venue is a bit small, so higher power cars aren't really going to do as well, but that's backyard racing, so an honest evaluation. 

On 10/3/2021 at 4:34 PM, vintagebackyardrc said:

Finally got another Time Attack done.

The results against the Hopper might surprise you. 

Hope you all enjoy it.

I subscribed your YT channel and would like to see other Tamiya models in time attack.

Max

• Like 1

Thanks all (and for the sub). People are asking for the Frog next (logically that should be next anyway).

Was planning on shooting this weekend but it looks like we are getting rained out unfortunately.  

I had a Hornet back in the day, 1989-90ish.   I think I speak for everyone when I say that motor/gearbox whine and that balloony puffing sound the tires make when being driven are burned in my mind forever.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 12:22 PM, Sprocket said:

Love the vids! What models do you have planned for the time attack? Aside from the frog…

I would love to do a 4wd shootout (have a Hotshot, Supershot and Bigwig all original) wish I had the entire fleet but I sold off a lot of stuff in the early 2000's.

I also have a Sassy Chassi for a Hotshot so it would be cool to see if it's actually faster/better.

Have a Fox, Wild One, Fast Attack and some of the Trucks. Getting the original new built stuff off the shelf is a bit tough to be honest as it's a substantial money loss for entertainment value (so we will see).

On the non Tamiya side I have some cool ideas. Lot's of Losi vs Associated stuff planned. Plenty of ideas and little time unfortunately. 

• Like 1