NickPask

How many Tamiya do you own? And which?

In approximate order of acquisition (my memory fails me often), all NIB except where indicated otherwise:

Lunch Box Black Edition

TT02B Plasma Edge II

TT02S

DF03 Dark Impact

M07

M08

XV01LDS

M02 Porsche Boxster

M06

TB04R

MF01X

Super Hotshot

Blitzer Beetle

Egress

Sand Scorcher

Fire Dragon

TB EVO 7

Ferrari F40 (Group C) - Pre-owned

DF01 Top Force Evo 2021

TC01 (in transit)

The Avante and VQS are both calling out to me, but I'm resisting........ !

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Albert Attaboy said:

No Tamiya as I prefer quality over quirkiness :P

I do plan on getting the regular Wild One tho...

Hey @Mad Ax! We found one!!! :D

Welcome, Active TamiyaClub member but non-Tamiya owner! I was hoping you'd eventually show up and prove me wrong lol.

Edit: Ok so you do plan to get a Tamiya, so I'm not 100% wrong. But still... :) 

Just so you're in on the joke @Albert Attaboy: I'm referring to my own "How many RCs do you own" thread that was started a couple weeks back where I suggested that nobody who doesn't have a Tamiya at all would be an active member of TC.

Edited by DeadMeat666
  • Haha 2

I like trios apparently... 3 Hoppers and 3 ORVs for a total of 6. I like variety, so no two are the same setup/configuration.

All of them are my actual old cars from back in the day except a Grasshopper/Hornet hybrid that's sporting one of my old bodies.

I think I put myself in the 30+ category last time out.  Truth is I don't really know.  I just keep acquiring more of them :p 

These are my favorite posts. I have the wife read these and I say "see, I'm not crazy." :D Last time I counted (yesterday), I have 14 Tamiya vehicles.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RichieRich said:

I have the wife read these and I say "see, I'm not crazy." :D

We might not be the most stable people when it comes to Tamiya.  It's Tamiya Club, after all.  

• Haha 1

XR311                                            Hornet                           Midnight pumpkin             Mountaineer                   Datsun 240Z DF03

Rough rider X2                              Fast attack                  Sonic fighter                        Terra conquer                Street rover

Sand scorcher                               Bruiser                         Avante                                  Dyna storm                    Lancia 037 re-re

holiday buggy                                Wild one                       Grasshopper 2                    Blitzer beetle                  Rock buster

sand rover                                      Fox                                 Terra scorcher                    Dyna blaster                  Max climber

Ford xlt                                           Supershot                     Vanquish                             Super hornet                 TR15T

Toyota pick up 3 speed              Boomerang                    Mud Blaster                         Castrol celica                Hotshot re-re

blazing blazer x2                          Falcon                            Egress                                   Hummer                        

super champ                                Bigwig                            Astute                                     King blackfoot             

Wild willy X2 swb Lwb                Blackfoot                       King Cab                                Wild dagger                    

audi quattro                                 959                                  Mad cap                                 wild willy2                       

opel ascona                                 Monster beetle              Monster racer                       Juggernaut 2                  

Subaru brat                                   Striker                             Manta ray                               Mad Fighter

Willys wheeler                              Hotshot 2                       Bear Hawk                              TXT-1

Lancia                                          Lunchbox                         Super astute                           touareg

Frog                                             Celica grb                         Top force                                 Tundra

Grasshopper                              Clodbuster  Chevy           Bush devil                               Jeep wangler CR01

Pajero                                        Super sabre                    Top force Evolution                 Bronco CR01

Hornet                                       Thunder shot 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

23 hours ago, NickPask said:

I am working on a RC project and I was wondering if anyone has ever asked the Forum members this question : How many Tamiya do you own? And which?

Personnaly, I own the following:

- Tamiya TT02B Neo Scorcher

- Tamiya TT02B Plasma Edge II (see it on the Forum here in its Ice Buggy version)

- Tamiya DF03 Dark Impact (Vintage 2006)

- Tamiya TT02 Mercedes AMG GT-3

How about you?

Not as many as I`d like and way more than the Mrs is happy about.

Currently the lists stands at

6x4 r620 Scania

Volvo FH12 

CC-01 Land rover

CC-01 Hilux 

MF-01x Jimny

Lunchbox

A TT-01 chassis bent into a Kamtec Bowler project

The Flatbed trailer

And The TT-01 Mercedes racing truck which I won in a draw run by my LHS a week ago

• Like 1

Only 2 Tamiya..

Vanessa’s Lunchbox 

Grasshopper Back Ed

..and another rere Grasshopper I bought in 2015 but never got around to building. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

My novafox on sport tuned and 2s is pretty quick… 15t must be pretty snappy!

Aye, it's not bad, I think they're around 5k rpm more (and around half the price...😳

2s at a local indoor track (Ayr) 

2021-10-06_11-36-56

Really shifts running 3s (although quite, burny motory smell....🤷‍♂️), 41mph on the GPS 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mad Zero said:

Only 2 Tamiya..

Vanessa’s Lunchbox 

Grasshopper Back Ed

..and another rere Grasshopper I bought in 2015 but never got around to building. 

So the unbuilt ones don’t count?😁

10 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Aye, it's not bad, I think they're around 5k rpm more (and around half the price...😳

2s at a local indoor track (Ayr) 

2021-10-06_11-36-56

Really shifts running 3s (although quite, burny motory smell....🤷‍♂️), 41mph on the GPS 

Have you broke anything running on track ?

10 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

Have you broke anything running on track ?

Rear wing, that's it.

Tracks are fairly forgiving tbh, mostly plastic pipe, so the car rides up over and/or it flexes a bit. Usually more damage when out in the street and clip a kerb, they don't do flexing ...😬🤣

7 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Rear wing, that's it.

Tracks are fairly forgiving tbh, mostly plastic pipe, so the car rides up over and/or it flexes a bit. Usually more damage when out in the street and clip a kerb, they don't do flexing ...😬🤣

Oh okay I was just curious. The other day the BB8 screw just fell out of the F1 part and I didn’t even crash. Just normal running on street.. 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

Oh okay I was just curious. The other day the BB8 screw just fell out of the F1 part and I didn’t even crash. Just normal running on street.. 

Might need a dab of loctite..🤷‍♂️

27 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Might need a dab of loctite..🤷‍♂️

Even on metal to plastic ? That part it weird.. it doesn’t even bottom out tight. It just spins once you screw it into a point 

2 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

Even on metal to plastic ? That part it weird.. it doesn’t even bottom out tight. It just spins once you screw it into a point 

Aye, I've used it for metal to plastic (not sure if you're meant to?) It's kind of only a ,controlled breaking strength ,glue (purple is the weakest ,then blue, then red if it must stay put 😁

It's been good few years since I built it, but I'm sure it screwed down tight. (Not, ugga dugga tight though...)

20 hours ago, Juggular said:

IlEPxfU.jpg

YgMTXll.jpg

Is this a shop or your basement?;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, tamiya_1971 said:

So the unbuilt ones don’t count?😁

Well kinda.. the bits of plastic in the box are Tamiya I guess.. :lol:

Right now I’ve got 2 boxed kits in the house, about 30 in storage

Porsche 934 58001

XR311

Countach 58008

Celica LB Turbo 58009

Porsche 936

Cheetah

Sand Rover

Holiday Buggy

Rough Rider - original and re- re

Sand Scorcher

Ford Ranger

Blazing Blazer

Toyoya Hi Lux original and truck man top body version 

FAV

Wild One

Brat

HotShot

Blackfoot

Lancia 037

Ford Hi Lift

I’m not saying which I’ve got multiples of, a gentleman never tells.

• Like 1

Buggy Champ
The Grasshopper (re-re)
The Frog (re-re)
DT-01 Mad Fighter
DT-01 Mad Bull
DT-01 Fighter Buggy RX Memorial

• Like 1

4 Tamiya. Blazing Star, Mini Cooper, Konghead, Bullhead.

And also 2 HSP Himoto and 5 Marui.

I own eight Tamiyas:

Top Force - complete with electronics, not running yet after rebuild

Mini Cooper Monte Carlo - Shelf queen 

WR-01 Wild Dagger - work in progress

Blitzer Beetle - ready to run 

Sand Rover (re-re) - always under construction but ready to run

TA-03F Audi V8 - still not finished 

Dirt Thrasher - waiting disassembled in a box for rebuild 

Super Fighter G - in poor state disassembled in a box

3 Tamiyas, but 5 physical unit :

1 Rere Boomerang , RTR shelf queen