Hey,

Picked this up as part of a barn find a few months back and the old owner threw it in for free, I have started by stripping

and cleaning, unfortunately it was full of rodent waste, not a great time of it tbh.

It was rather rough but all seems to have cleaned up okay, search for parts is tough, any tips or advice welcome.

P.S - Sorry for the crap images

PA285013.thumb.JPG.aa7e725a1b099eca962de399aea9a827.JPGP1315074.thumb.JPG.d94de65d9b23f2b063f5c9b39325471d.JPG

• Like 4

Nice one, at least it won't be soul destroying restoring it now that it, and the Egress, have been re-released!

Hey, yeh missing a few bits and it looks worse than it does now, All parts have cleaned up rather well, any tips on restoring the top deck, it has faded somewhat

I believe the deck is lacquered FRP, if that's the case it may be able to be (carefully) polished back... I'd test that on the underside or an inconspicuous part first - and others may have better ideas/experience.

My plan was to keep it original until i started searching, for me here its more than likely futile to find what i need, I will have to get rere parts

ill try some 1000 grit somewhere :-)

Great project!

If sanding/polishing it should not be enough to get a decent finish, you could spray it with some car bodywork clear coat (1k should be enough)

Polishing the frp won’t do anything as I’ve tried it. You are limited to what you can do but I never tried a new thin coat of clear. I’m not sure even that will fix your problem. 
   Once you have the radio gear fitted and the driver it covers most of it anyway. Find a CPR unit 👍