rwordenjr

Yeah Racing Hackmoto Brushed Motors

Looks like it's just a generic item being copied and copied thousand times in China.

Re-branded under many different labels. Green "pillars" that hold the brushes, and slots on the can, etc. are exactly the same.

If I were you, I would just get the cheapest I can find on EBay or AliExpress, as cheap as just half of Yeah Racing's price tag. The YR label isn't worth anything extra in my opinion.

BTW I have one of these, 21T, without any "brand" label on it. Much faster than the Tamiya Sport-tuned. A 17T for a RWD fox? I guess it will fly.

GoolRC 540/45T Brushed Motor for 1/10 RC Car|motor for|brushed motormotor  motor - AliExpress

TrackStar 1/10th Brushed Motor 540/27T | HobbyKing

Yeah Racing Hackmoto V2 Modified 35T 540 Brushed Motor Shaft 3mm for 1/10  Rc Car Spare Parts Accessories|Parts & Accessories| - AliExpress

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TamiyAddict362 said:

If I were you, I would just get the cheapest I can find on EBay or AliExpress, as cheap as just half of Yeah Racing's price tag. The YR label isn't worth anything extra in my opinion.

But the YR label is nice and shiny. Also they give you wires, so you have to give them props for at least attempting a value-add. The wires are even different colors.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

But the YR label is nice and shiny. Also they give you wires, so you have to give them props for at least attempting a value-add. The wires are even different colors.

Sometimes a random-searched product description photo just won't show everything in the package.

My purchase does come with a pair of wires.

Go ahead, pay double for an extra shiny YR label which is not even sticky enough to attach itself on the motor in the above photo.:lol:

GoolRC 540 55T Brushed Motor

TrackStar 1/10th Brushed Motor 540/27T

High Quality GoolRC 540 17T Brushed Motor For 1/10 On-Road Touring RC Car  Y6K1 RC Model Vehicle Parts & Accs Radio Control & Control Line

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TamiyAddict362 said:

My purchase does come with a pair of wires.

Go ahead, pay double for an extra shiny YR label which is not even sticky enough to attach itself on the motor in the above photo.:lol:

GoolRC 540 55T Brushed Motor

Good Lord! This one comes with an ESC as well! 

I stand corrected :ph34r::lol:

Just so you don't think I'm insane (.. or a knob lol), I was joking the whole time buddy :)

1 hour ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Good Lord! This one comes with an ESC as well! 

I stand corrected :ph34r::lol:

Just so you don't think I'm insane (.. or a knob lol), I was joking the whole time buddy :)

Yes it does come with the ESC but the wrong color wires. The YR one comes with black and red. :D

PS I am joking too.

They're just fine. Definitely not a "premium" motor. Absolutely fine for any runner that could use a little extra zest.

I have had success with them. I usually re-sticker mine, too :P

XQYO4hP.jpg

I have annihilated a 13T version of this motor, but I think I ran it with improper gearing and a relatively high-friction 4WD drivetrain.

I do appreciate that they are completely rebuildable and relatively inexpensive, and thus have used several in the past. That "Twin Star Racing 23T Inter" you see here will be going into a Striker at some point...

I just picked up 3 of these motors for £2.40 each on Hobbyking, insane.  I have one already and have no complaints on the quality.  I was surprised that they are also fitted with bearings too.

On 10/18/2021 at 12:58 PM, LongRat said:

I just picked up 3 of these motors for £2.40 each on Hobbyking, insane.  I have one already and have no complaints on the quality.  I was surprised that they are also fitted with bearings too.

Which cars you got them in ?

I'll run them in some of my vintage cars. Might try one in my Losi XX. I'm making aluminium end bells for all of mine first.

I have a Hackmoto 55T in my Hi-Lift and it's fine, I also had a 35T but it was far too fast for how I want to use the vehicle.

Probably a clone just as the pics above seem to suggest but mine were cheap enough that it doesn't worry me.

My cheap clones (17t, 21t, 27t) have all been good so far. I like to take advantage of the motor/ESC combo deals.

Version 1 of the motor has bare brush spring holders/posts like an old Yokomo endbell, and V2 has the fancy green ones. Both largely similar in performance.