whahooo

Show me your interior

Hello,

i have the Plan to put as much interior in my RC Cars as possible.

What are your Techniques to make Seats, Seeringwheels and other stuff inside a Car.

I only have Interior in my Rallycars (the official Tamiya ones), but i  would love to have them in all of my cars.

The next Car that shoud get some "Life" is my Lunchbox. Im not shure if i shoud just put some Plasticcards inside (so you can`t see the Cables, receiver etc.) or if i should put a Cabin inside.....

Here you have a Grasshopper/Hornet Interior:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3803664

Show me your stuff for inspiration.

EDIT:

Here i`ve cut out some Cardboard to block the sight into the inner:

DSC00646.JPG.cb9da54405276b38aaee90b3dc2bb871.JPGDSC00647.JPG.9d1c1cee5c908c54a7c78867c15ff375.JPGDSC00648.JPG.35f615f41e2f48a59eacd5dd8e51e1e6.JPGDSC00649.JPG.8c62199a03e6718b402ef8da8bfa32e5.JPG

Maybe i could use some of the WPL Parts, i don`t know if they would fit sizewise.

• Like 6

Amazing how a piece of cardboard looks a world better than empty void...

Here's a couple I've made using plasticard for two of my Hilux bodies. I'm far from an accomplished modeler, so I kept all the pieces as simple and square as possible.

HLjqE4z.jpg?1

5dMMYYB.jpg?1

cH6vdV7.jpg

H8qTDSX.jpg

b8JyOaj.jpg

pJTsdt6.jpg

M9IUlOp.jpg

kHJ56gm.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Juggular said:

Yeah, that was my thought too ^^

It is just a little Cardboard that i´ve cuttet out so see gat an aprox idea how a Plastic Cabin should be fitted.
And it looks already better.

Now i just don`t know what to put inside...
I don`t know how a Doge looks inside AND i don`t know if i should put anything in it that look like a real Car or if i should put in like something that looks like a Monstertruck Interior...
But i tend to put in just 2 plain Plastic cards or a Seatbench and a Steeringwheel (because it has a toyish/comical look to it).
If i would building a Rolling Thunder i would take the Monstertruckroute for shure.

50 minutes ago, toyolien said:

Here's a couple I've made using plasticard for two of my Hilux bodies. I'm far from an accomplished modeler, so I kept all the pieces as simple and square as possible.

Amazing!!!

0V8v9jE.jpg

Just a seat/sofa to cover the wiring. It was made with a simple piece of junk plastic, heated on a stove top and bent to 90 degrees or so.

5VVYtRg.jpg

It's almost impossible photograph from outside the car, as the car has darkened windows.

I plan to accessorise the passenger seat with a few snacks.

il_1588xN.2108362488_sswz.jpg

I may still put a steering wheel and dashboard on the car. 

I have also used plastic or cardboard just to give a floor/base to cover the electronics. I think it does look better. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

5 hours ago, Juggular said:

All it needs now is Willy.   ;)

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, toyolien said:

Best statement I’ve seen all year! Those interiors look amazing and so detailed, I could only dream of them!

And let’s not get started on the garage!

I'm planning on starting a basic interior for my BOM tomorrow (actually I'm planning on having it mostly finished by close of play, as it needs to be running in time for the Nationals next weekend, but I expect only one of these plans will come to fruition).  Like @toyolien I was planning on doing some basic shapes with flat card, but I expect my shapes will be way more basic than those posted above :o 

I'll take plenty of photos and do a write-up of my progress next week so you can share any pitfalls I come across.

In my experience it really doesn't need much to change the look of a car - a flat piece of card with half a body glued to it is a good start.  As long as you don't glue it permanently in place you can add more stuff as you go.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

Just a seat/sofa to cover the wiring. It was made with a simple piece of junk plastic, heated on a stove top and bent to 90 degrees or so.

It's almost impossible photograph from outside the car, as the car has darkened windows.

I plan to accessorise the passenger seat with a few snacks.

il_1588xN.2108362488_sswz.jpg

I may still put a steering wheel and dashboard on the car. 

I have also used plastic or cardboard just to give a floor/base to cover the electronics. I think it does look better. 

That KFC is getting me hungry!!   Is your truck windows pretty flat?  If so I just cut some thin clear polycarbonate sheets I bought at either Amazon or some crafty place and make my own windows.  I use some thin 3M mounting tape to attach to the body.  Never had a problem of them coming off the cars.  

I also leave the sunroof open (or make cut outs) so that it shines light at Willy and Billy inside.   

@toyolien Masterful creations as always!   I like your idea of using dowels for the panel joints.   Looks like it was cleanly welded.  Also to use them as dots for various decorative pieces.   

@NWarty Where did you get those side mirrors?   I was about to make them, but easier to buy since I need 12 pairs.. 

13 minutes ago, NWarty said:

@Willy iine They're actually scratchbuilt from a button and some coat hanger wire.

Thanks for the hint!  I will definitely try it myself.  Very cool idea.  

Willy looks good.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks for the hint!  I will definitely try it myself.  Very cool idea.  

Willy looks good.  

Thank you much :wub:

I also would love to start a collection of 3D Print Interiors.

Does anyone have 3D Prints to share?

I would love to install a Sand scorcher Iterior.

I found that for the Grasshopper:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3803664

Edit:

I purchased that part from Ebay

https://www.ebay.at/itm/393614082326?hash=item5ba53a4116:g:JrkAAOSwZ~hhHopo

Now i realized that there is no cutout for the on/off Switch that sits in the transparent plastic Case.

Today i finished my 037 interior.

First i had pained it with an Paint that flaked off.

Than i used some solvent to remove the Paint and the Plastic began to dissolve.

So the finish is uneven because of the dissolved Pkastic

Also i can't paint with a Brush....

But it us ok, better than without an interior.

1635174941798-1481565988.thumb.jpg.4179c9d229192eb32a2025fd56fb271e.jpg1635174961696-10804784.thumb.jpg.ac96662ff15abb32e191292dc5e15e4c.jpg1635175074345823360333.thumb.jpg.819b8e795dfb6be017f4c2ef49a96663.jpg16351772117092047475921.thumb.jpg.8f7c66defb20be77be91099a76d45252.jpg

• Like 1

I built a simple platform for Kumamon, used a spare bumper as a seat back and a few other bits of plastic that I found around the place for the silver box. I need to put something else under the Coke crate as you can't really see them well from the outside.

1322190503_ScreenShot2021-10-29at2_59_02pm.thumb.jpg.0b167da7839045f4c8abf234cc782488.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 2.58.06 pm.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GeeWings said:

I built a simple platform for Kumamon, used a spare bumper as a seat back and a few other bits of plastic that I found around the place for the silver box. I need to put something else under the Coke crate as you can't really see them well from the outside.

1322190503_ScreenShot2021-10-29at2_59_02pm.thumb.jpg.0b167da7839045f4c8abf234cc782488.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 2.58.06 pm.jpg

What scale is that coke tray? Edgarmon  needs one.

6 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

What scale is that coke tray? Edgarmon  needs one.

1:10. Just search scale coke bottles on eBay. 

Going to try to paint a grasshopper interior today.

1638626469368-564669370.jpg

I don't really recomend the Interior.

The ESC do not has any Space, neither do the Batteryplug.....

1638638983721463598246.thumb.jpg.4ab977c99fda1356f7cdd2ce6c3eee6f.jpg1638639022803-549237537.thumb.jpg.6107738af36491db81ba5b3b83817718.jpg

The ESC (Tamiya TEU-XX) is slightly to big for the Interior....

Does anyone know a small ESC (does not need to be powerful) for the Grasshopper with long Battery Cables?

Yesterday my Rallycockpit for the Audi Quattro arrived.

I have a Black interior for my Lancia Delta, the Lancia 037 and the Toyota celica.

Now i wondered i shoukd try a grey interior to get some contrast. I thibk grey would fit the Audi Quattro.

But i'm not shure about taking anorher route and have only 1 different cockpit....

Does anyone has a rallycockpit other than black?