rwordenjr

Your Occupation (Tamiya funding source)

I manage the technology & digital department at a museum of all places.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SlideWRX said:

Noise & Vibration Engineer, Automotive.

I can imagine your 1:1 car and RCs must be rattle and slop free. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Director of a four salon group in the South of England. We've recently won an award for our Training Academy, Whoop whoop! 

• Like 4

I fabricate and build Satellites. 

sbirs-photo-1-770x385@2x.jpg

• Like 6

interesting topic. I make movie props, but more printed things like signage, passports, documents, etc.

• Like 3

I am the Fleet manager for a large private hire (Minicab) firm in south london. I used to actually cab too. 

• Like 3

Night truck driver for a large American parcel company that likes wearing brown 

• Like 2

Architect, focussing on BIM (Building Information Modelling) - essentially fulll digital twin of the built form.

• Like 2

I was employed as an automotive toolmaker for 30 years, blue oval uk.  Made redundant, now work part time in a local college in the mechanical engineering workshop helping to get the new generation of skilled manual on the right path. 

Also re-trained in classic car upholstery as my own side line.  From simple repairs to complete new interiors.  Original spec or custom or a mix of both.  

• Like 7

Senior manager in a secondary school. Not as boring as it sounds. 

• Like 1

Mosaic artist and installer. Employed by an enterprise that does big public art projects, I also do smaller scale artworks in my own workshop.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

I can imagine your 1:1 car and RCs must be rattle and slop free. ;)

Just can't ever tell a friend while in their car - 'you hear that?' because 1. they didn't, and 2. they will now until they sell that car. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, ploots said:

Night truck driver for a large American parcel company that likes wearing brown 

A good friend of mine joined that company in the UK as a delivery driver after complaint handling in financial services for 10 years. He finds far more fulfilling. 

After being self employed for a great many years and working around the world in mechanical engineering, i gave it all up, returned to earth, and i am now a technician for the car brand that has the horse as their logo.

J

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

A good friend of mine joined that company in the UK as a delivery driver after complaint handling in financial services for 10 years. He finds far more fulfilling. 

I'm in the UK I started as a day delivery driver 28 yrs ago then went onto night trunking and stayed with it and still love it

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Toolmaker72 said:

Also re-trained in classic car upholstery as my own side line.  From simple repairs to complete new interiors.  Original spec or custom or a mix of both

Ooooh,  that's handy to know when I come to doing the interior, I've re-trimmed the seats, but will still need door cards, at some point....🙄😁

I hit things with a hammer, until they move, or duct tape (weld ,if that fails) them, if they're moving and not to be...