rwordenjr

Your Occupation (Tamiya funding source)

Project Manager, currently working in local government in my first foray into the public sector and man it's pretty ****ed up - you would never get away with the **** they do here in the private sector where it's all about the money!

https://imgur.com/a/Ea7NV34

Previously a fashion photographer working in London and oh I so do not miss all that diva **** I tell thee!!!

https://imgur.com/a/Cn98vzx

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Ooooh,  that's handy to know when I come to doing the interior, I've re-trimmed the seats, but will still need door cards, at some point....🙄😁

I hit things with a hammer, until they move, or duct tape (weld ,if that fails) them, if they're moving and not to be...

Depending on your classic, door cards are easily done. 👍

1 hour ago, Toolmaker72 said:

Depending on your classic, door cards are easily done. 👍

Great news 😀

It's a 2nd gen TransAm, so probably cheaper making them, than importing them!! 

15 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Great news 😀

It's a 2nd gen TransAm, so probably cheaper making them, than importing them!! 

Show me some pictures to get an idea and we can go from there 👍

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, junkmunki said:

After being self employed for a great many years and working around the world in mechanical engineering, i gave it all up, returned to earth, and i am now a technician for the car brand that has the horse as their logo.

J

Your job is the perfect icebreaker at gatherings I bet. If it's the right horse I have in mind lol.

On 10/9/2021 at 2:23 PM, WideOpen said:

Corporate dude in Big Oil. Sorry, it is just what I do.

Not to worry, we can be outcasts together. I'm one of those people that design the drilling machines that make your big holes.

On 10/9/2021 at 12:00 PM, Toolmaker72 said:

I was employed as an automotive toolmaker for 30 years, blue oval uk.  Made redundant, now work part time in a local college in the mechanical engineering workshop helping to get the new generation of skilled manual on the right path. 

Also re-trained in classic car upholstery as my own side line.  From simple repairs to complete new interiors.  Original spec or custom or a mix of both.  

Love both your occupations, classics are my biggest passion.

Last year I re-upholtered the seats of my Elise S1 in tartan (Esprit S1-style) on my own and - while not easy at all for a total newbie - it was great fun!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tex76 said:

Love both your occupations, classics are my biggest passion.

Last year I re-upholtered the seats of my Elise S1 in tartan (Esprit S1-style) on my own and - while not easy at all for a total newbie - it was great fun!

Thank you 👍.  Yes bringing back old tired interiors is very satisfying.   You appreciate the skills involved with the machine stitching together with fitting new covers.  Sometimes it’s the minor alterations that get the good to the amazing fit.   😊 

• Like 2

On 10/10/2021 at 4:20 PM, DeadMeat666 said:

Your job is the perfect icebreaker at gatherings I bet. If it's the right horse I have in mind lol.

Its never got me free beer though...:rolleyes:

J

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2021 at 6:50 PM, Toolmaker72 said:

You appreciate the skills involved with the machine stitching together with fitting new covers

As an ex sewing machine mechanic (my dad's an ex sewing machine mech /dealer ,although in his mid 80's, he's still servicing domestics!!), there's some amount of work, just making folders for machines in industry.

I'm a production department team lead at a well known 3D printing company :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tizer said:

I'm a production department team lead at a well known 3D printing company :)

...who now has lots and lots of new friends! ;)

• Haha 3

Some interesting occupations here! And no surprise a lot of engineers, I’ll join that club, design engineer,  F1 engines

• Like 4

I work on Classic and Exotic cars. Anything from a 50s Rolls-Royce to current.  Along with classic American and British cars. 

20211014_074433.jpg

• Like 6

I'm a full time account manager in a child benefits service and a part time self employed knifemaker & blade/blacksmith.

• Like 1