Sign in to follow this  
smirk-racing

Looking for variety, what might you sell me? (United States only)

Hi Fellow TC members,

It has been a long cold COVID-winter, and I'm looking to expand my current collection (which has too few models by Tamiya). I could buy a new model, but I like getting recommendations and kits from members, so I thought I'd ask: what models might you sell me?

I'm based in the US, so it will not be cost-effective to do business with all the fantastic members in the UK and elsewhere in the world. For all those folks, I'd love recommendations on models that particularly embody Tamiya's unique style.

For those of you who are US based, please let me know if there are any models in your collection that you'd consider selling.

Some additional details:

--1  I'm open to on-road or off-road models, any completion level (roller, ARTR, etc). Probably do not need your transmitter or receiver though.

--2  I currently have: Lunchbox, GF-01, GF-01tr, G6-01, XV-01 (and a variety of other vehicles from Traxxas, Losi, Tekno, etc)

--3  I am a bit aggressive with my RCs, so I prefer durable models (with that said, I don't expect to perform 20 foot jumps)

--4  I prefer models for which Lexan shells are available (aftermarket is ok), because I hate destroying the nice ABS bodies that Tamiya often provides. However, the GF-01 with Dump Truck body has performed incredibly well, and I have no complaints with it. I did switch to a Lexan body for the Lunchbox and that allows me to be very aggressive without any concerns.

--5  I prefer models for which there's adequate parts support (which might be asking a bit much these days)

--6 I admire the beautiful works of art many of you create, but I hate painting myself, so I'd love to buy a sharp looking model from you (I'd likely buy a basher shell and preserve the nicer shell)

Please PM me or reply in thread if there are models you might consider selling.

Thanks!

Not sure if you would be interested in another G6-01, but I’ve got a King Yellow kit with bearings for sell. Updated the price a few days ago, willing to negotiate some. Btw…I’m in Florida.

I'd recommend you look for someone that has something from the Hotshot family for sale (Hotshot, Hotshot II, Super Hotshot). It's a big departure from the kits you already own; they're really like nothing else you find nowadays. Spare bodies and parts are still around, so that's a plus.

They can also take a medium beating without complaint for the most part. I see ppl put in crazy brushless combos in them without (much) issue.

Here's my SHS (modified, obviously), which in my humble opinion looks great even without the body. It gives off this "terminator endoskeleton" look:

IMG-20210119-010533.jpg

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

I'd recommend you look for someone that has something from the Hotshot family for sale (Hotshot, Hotshot II, Super Hotshot). It's a big departure from the kits you already own; they're really like nothing else you find nowadays. Spare bodies and parts are still around, so that's a plus.

They can also take a medium beating without complaint for the most part. I see ppl put in crazy brushless combos in them without (much) issue.

Here's my SHS (modified, obviously), which in my humble opinion looks great even without the body. It gives off this "terminator endoskeleton" look:

IMG-20210119-010533.jpg

Stunning! And nice shocks, i've got the same. 

• Thanks 1

@RushRebel Thanks for the offer. If there's any chance you'd consider selling just the body shell, I very much need the school bus body. Other than that, I'm all set on the G6-01 chassis. Thanks!

@DeadMeat666 Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have a look at the Hotshot. Had never considered it before. How does it drive? Do you get it out a lot or mostly keep it for display? Your chassis looks so clean!

33 minutes ago, smirk-racing said:

@DeadMeat666 Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have a look at the Hotshot. Had never considered it before. How does it drive? Do you get it out a lot or mostly keep it for display? Your chassis looks so clean!

I intend to run it outside, but I haven't had the chance yet. I've only run it indoors so far. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, smirk-racing said:

@RushRebel Thanks for the offer. If there's any chance you'd consider selling just the body shell, I very much need the school bus body. Other than that, I'm all set on the G6-01 chassis. Thanks

Shot-in-the-dark that you would want another one, still, no harm in asking. I don’t want to part out the kit. Best of luck expanding your collection!

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2021 at 10:11 PM, RushRebel said:

Not sure if you would be interested in another G6-01, but I’ve got a King Yellow kit with bearings for sell. Updated the price a few days ago, willing to negotiate some. Btw…I’m in Florida.

you got a king yeller for sale eh??? I know a guy who might want it if the price is good

On 10/11/2021 at 2:41 PM, Original Jardasius said:

you got a king yeller for sale eh??? I know a guy who might want it if the price is good

Original Jardasius: I sent you a pm yesterday (well I attempted to). My original ad is on page 3, tell your friend I’m open for negotiations.

Bumping this back up - got some good ideas, made a deal a shell, but no new vehicles (yet).

Make room in your collection (and potentially fund a new model!). Let me know if you're US based and want to move some of your models along.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smirk-racing said:

Bumping this back up - got some good ideas, made a deal a shell, but no new vehicles (yet).

Make room in your collection (and potentially fund a new model!). Let me know if you're US based and want to move some of your models along.

What you want ?

TRF 201

Zahhak

Stadium Thunder

Stadium Blitzer

Super Levant

VQS x2

Bigwig

Midnight Pumpkin

Manta Ray

Desert Gator

Racing Fighter BE