DeadMeat666

Looking for adjustable-timing motor recommendations

I have an M02, and unbeknowest to me, since the M02 is simply an M01 that runs backwards more or less, this means that pretty much anything past a silver can will have its timing reversed compared to the forward direction of the car, since the motor essentially runs backwards.

I'd like to know what adjustable timing motors would be suitable for an M02. I currently have a sport-tuned in there that makes it run better backwards than forwards lol.

I'd like a motor that is:

1. Pretty nice looking if possible
2. Not overly bonkers powerwise (it's just an M02 after all!)
3. Available online these days (no rocking horse poo or hen's teeth please :lol:)
4. Not ridiculously priced
5. Brushed
and most importantly:
6. Can have its timing turned backwards without having to mod it, or break off tabs or whatever

Any suggestions?

Any one of the generic Chinese 540 brushed motors with the removable endbell and (typically) green anodised brush heatsinks would do the trick. They come branded as anything from Reedy to Yeah Racing Etronix to Surpass to name but a few, and can be had with a plain black can too. Various turn counts are available.

They look like this: (same motor, different labels)

jbr540_a06ae4a6-d668-4b65-a053-881c2db99

s-l400.jpg

5e2154574df89a09db10d021-large.jpg

MT-0012_large.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the tip @TurnipJF, it turns out I'd already ordered one of those and it's in the mail. Good to know I didn't waste money on it.

That's assuming that this whole hobby isn't a giant waste of money of course :lol:.

Honestly, I was hoping that I could stick to well-known name brand (Tamiya, Kyosho, Reedy, LRP, etc) since my M02 is somewhat special (to me anyway).

Are there no affordable and available Tamiya motors that have adjustable timing?

4 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

:lol: Totally not what I meant but thanks for the heads up!

I guess Reedy isn't as up-market as I'd assumed.

The LRP V10s suggested by @BuggyGuy would be a good shout then. Noticeably better quality than the generic ones I suggested earlier, with a sturdier end bell and an overall nicer feel, they wouldn't be out of place on a "special" car.

3 hours ago, BuggyGuy said:

7 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

The LRP V10s suggested by @BuggyGuy would be a good shout then. Noticeably better quality than the generic ones I suggested earlier, with a sturdier end bell and an overall nicer feel, they wouldn't be out of place on a "special" car.

Perfect, just what I was looking for. LRP 19 turn double ordered. 

Now we wait... :D

• Like 2

On 10/13/2021 at 1:22 AM, DeadMeat666 said:

Are there no affordable and available Tamiya motors that have adjustable timing?

The words; affordable, available and Tamiya don't belong in the same sentence.

• Haha 3