Toad16v

TA03 stainless suspension pin lengths/alternatives

Good evening!

Looking to order a TA03R-S this week and would like to install stainless suspension pins rather than the screw pins, but the proper kit isn't available at the moment. I've looked on Google images but couldn't make out the lengths properly.

Might anyone know what lengths the pins are, and if there are any alternate sets available, if not I'll try to get a TL01 set and get some machined down to the right length.

Thanks!

Tom

Don't know why but i have the titanium set on mine and they are not compatible with the aluminium rear arms!<_<

• Like 2

Thanks all. I hunted around a bit. Fusion Hobbies has the 25.3mm pins in stock but ended up buying a set of titanium coated pins from Japan, cos that's the sensible choice...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/12/2021 at 7:04 AM, svenb said:

Don't know why but i have the titanium set on mine and they are not compatible with the aluminium rear arms!<_<

In what way are they incompatible?

The outer pin isn't long enough, I'll post a photo later. 

If it's the alloy rear uprights? Then the uprights when new came with their own longer hinge pins in the packet. 👍

James.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, InsaneJim69 said:

If it's the alloy rear uprights? Then the uprights when new came with their own longer hinge pins in the packet. 👍

James.

Thanks James 

Yes it's the rear uprights, they came in the R trf kit so never had the plastic version to compare and obviously the kit came with the longer pins already. 

Yeah I remember buying them back in the late 90's when I raced my TA03R and they came with their own hinge pins that were ever so slightly longer. 👍 

Most people sold them on 2nd hand but never included any hardware with them 😕

James.

Exactly. I tried to be clever, knowing that the alu rear carriers are longer, and bought a 2nd titanium set for the longer inner hinge pins, so I could put them there. Didn't work. They are even longer... For an alternative, I saw a guy take carbon rods of the right dia. and dremel the recess for the clip into them!