Looking to fit a new body to my CEN HL150 but all the decent Jconcept bodies seem unavailable within the UK. And buying from the USA the postage cost is quite high.

Or any good after market bodies? Preferably a modern style monster jam esque body, I see Traxxas do the modern Bigfoot ones, but again availability is end of October/November.

Thanks

James.

DMS Racing are a UK JConcepts stockist, and they seem to have a few bodies in stock right now.  I've got pretty much all my JConcepts bodies from them.

https://www.dms-racing.com/browse-store/manufacturer/jconcepts/bodies,-accessories,-stickers/off-road-bodyshells/1-10th-or-1-8th-monster-truck-bodies?keyword=

I've always assumed JConcepts stuff comes over from the US and probably comes in batches via sea - stuff will be out of stock for a while and then suddenly there'll be a load of new stock in the country.  But DMS always seem to have stuff even when nobody else does.

Proline also do some monster truck bodies, but I prefer JConcepts huge (and expanding) range.

Quality can sometimes be questionable with JConcepts - I've had some that have had creases in the corners, one that had a screwed up decal sheet and on another ('79 F250 super cab) the side trim decal is sized for the regular cab '79 Ford so it doesn't fit the longer body.  But they're still my go-to brand for monster trucks.

• Like 2

McAlliister racing also makes a ford 150 with a racerback and Predator carbs molded in like Bigfoot. The one I have came in a 275mm ( 10.3 in ) which 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

Quality can sometimes be questionable with JConcepts - I've had some that have had creases in the corners, one that had a screwed up decal sheet and on another ('79 F250 super cab) the side trim decal is sized for the regular cab '79 Ford so it doesn't fit the longer body.  But they're still my go-to brand for monster trucks.

I've seen this recently as well.  Had a couple molding/forming issues on recent JConcepts bodies I've purchased.  Nothing catastrophic and I still used them, but wondering how they got past QC...I do love that they are making so many great truck bodies, I must have 10-15 of them at this point.  Their decal sets are fantastic as well.  I love how there are so many extra branded decals, it's helped me brand some other trucks that otherwise were blank (Blackfoot 2016 for example...).

I will say that Proline quality is much better for the body itself, but they just don't have many interesting options and their decal sets are not as detailed as JC.  

Good luck finding something.  Too bad you're not on this side of the pond, I usually get JC bodies within 2 days when ordering online. 

• Like 2