Busdriver

Cheap as chips

Wishing you all the best for your consultation on Monday.

What about a restoration project instead of a new build?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jonboy1 said:

Wishing you all the best for your consultation on Monday.

What about a restoration project instead of a new build?

That’s a possibility. I’ve decided to reduce my stock a little so am checking 3 models to confirm their status and then will offer for sale. After that well we’ll have to wait and see. Sadly I just seen the picture of the TD2 🥰 question is do I cancel my pre order of the TD4 or …………

5 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Sadly I just seen the picture of the TD2 🥰 question is do I cancel my pre order of the TD4 or …………

You already know the answer... if you have the space, buy both!   :D  

My take is we only live once, let's enjoy it while we can.  

(coming to you from the M38/GF01 breeding grounds.. lol)

• Haha 1

You want a little more build time than a simple buggy, and you’re a Bus Driver. 
the G6-01 King Yellow seems like a natural fit. 
Best wishes and speedy recovery , too. 

38 minutes ago, Dakratfink said:

You want a little more build time than a simple buggy, and you’re a Bus Driver. 
the G6-01 King Yellow seems like a natural fit. 
Best wishes and speedy recovery , too. 

Sort of got one. I have a dynahead king yellow hybrid that is currently waiting stickers to turn int a polar tour bus. Details in builds

• Like 1

Sorry to hear you're still suffering with this @Busdriver. As I'm sure you're acutely aware than most, sometimes our bodies just don't recover the way we want in the timeframe we want. Hang in there mate, things will get better, don't push yourself. Hopefully work are supporting your situation and you can simply concentrate on getting well again. A kit to keep you busy sounds like a great idea! I'm not sure on what to recommend being fairly new to the hobby, but something you can mod once built might be a good idea, as you can still continue to work on it rather that buy another one. Although I hear from the way hopups can go, buying another kit to start on may actually be a cheaper option!

Alternatively, does Tamiya do buses?:lol:

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear about your back @Busdriver.

I did mine a mischief loading a heavy motorcycle into my van a few years ago, I struggled for ages after and has never been right since.

A visit to a Chiropractor once a month or so definitely keeps it in check, and I also invested in a kidney belt/back support with magnets. It works a treat for me I’ve just done two 800km 10 hour drives back to back in a Kenworth truck quite comfortably. Whereas before without the belt I’d be eating my way through a box of Nerofen & looking to jump on a Greyhound Bus for the trip home rather than drive the truck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Sorry to hear about your back @Busdriver.

I did mine a mischief loading a heavy motorcycle into my van a few years ago, I struggled for ages after and has never been right since.

A visit to a Chiropractor once a month or so definitely keeps it in check, and I also invested in a kidney belt/back support with magnets. It works a treat for me I’ve just done two 800km 10 hour drives back to back in a Kenworth truck quite comfortably. Whereas before without the belt I’d be eating my way through a box of Nerofen & looking to jump on a Greyhound Bus for the trip home rather than drive the truck.

Thanks alas mine is basically an arthritic condition and the lowest disc in my spine has partially worn away. That means the gap where the sciatic nerves come out is compressed. The only solution is to jack the vertebrae apart and insert a graft then wrap in a metal mesh to fuse them together!!!!

10 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Sorry to hear you're still suffering with this @Busdriver. As I'm sure you're acutely aware than most, sometimes our bodies just don't recover the way we want in the timeframe we want. Hang in there mate, things will get better, don't push yourself. Hopefully work are supporting your situation and you can simply concentrate on getting well again. A kit to keep you busy sounds like a great idea! I'm not sure on what to recommend being fairly new to the hobby, but something you can mod once built might be a good idea, as you can still continue to work on it rather that buy another one. Although I hear from the way hopups can go, buying another kit to start on may actually be a cheaper option!

Alternatively, does Tamiya do buses?:lol:

Got the bus!!! Am reviewing my whole fleet and have started to collect some bits to do some “additions “ to some of the existing ones whilst I wait for my TD4 to arrive

• Like 3

On 10/16/2021 at 12:55 AM, Busdriver said:

Thanks alas mine is basically an arthritic condition and the lowest disc in my spine has partially worn away. That means the gap where the sciatic nerves come out is compressed. The only solution is to jack the vertebrae apart and insert a graft then wrap in a metal mesh to fuse them together!!!!

How did it go with the doc visit today?  

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

How did it go with the doc visit today?  

Just preordered £30k’S worth of hopups😟

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Busdriver said:

Wow!  :blink:     When do you go back to the doc to get these new mods installed?  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Willy iine said:

Wow!  :blink:     When do you go back to the doc to get these new mods installed?  

Waiting for full quotation as he will work with a vascular surgeon due to the complicated nature of the surgery so they have to check his diary, but I’m hoping by the end of the month or early next.

24 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Waiting for full quotation as he will work with a vascular surgeon due to the complicated nature of the surgery so they have to check his diary, but I’m hoping by the end of the month or early next.

I see.. wishing you a speedy recovery, Busdriver.   Waiting takes a toll psychologically too, I am sure.   Hang in there.   

35 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

See if you can get Tamiya Blue versions...

Hope you recover well!

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

You probably need joiner, electrician and a plumber instead of a doctor! 

• Thanks 1

So more waiting for a date and then post-op recovery? Maybe the TD4 will have arrived kit in time for the latter?! In the meantime, crack on with the mods and fixes!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SlideWRX said:

See if you can get Tamiya Blue versions...

Hope you recover well!

Was going for carbon fibre

• Like 1
  • Haha 1