Sign in to follow this  
LEE71

White Hotshot

Having been away from RC for 35 years and my 50th birthday this month I decided to get back into Tamiya and all things RC. Decided to purchase a Rere Hotshot while I wait for the Blockhead Wild One release. 
I first saw a white Hotshot pre release around 1985 driven at Primrose Valley model week in Yorkshire by one of the organisers, a guy called John Bicknell. This thing was white and absolutely blew me away with its performance.  When most of the other stuff was Rough Rider based this car was out of this world.
In tribute to that car I built a similar one. Not been long finished and not really used it much but I like it!

20210920_164827.jpg

• Like 10

Turned out better than I thought. Complete with vintage Beatties bag!

20210920_164850.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lee76 said:

Ha! You’re me only older :) welcome. 

Cheers Lee. Only 5 more years for you. It soon comes round!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LEE71 said:

Having been away from RC for 35 years and my 50th birthday this month I decided to get back into Tamiya and all things RC. Decided to purchase a Rere Hotshot while I wait for the Blockhead Wild One release. 
I first saw a white Hotshot pre release around 1985 driven at Primrose Valley model week in Yorkshire by one of the organisers, a guy called John Bicknell. This thing was white and absolutely blew me away with its performance.  When most of the other stuff was Rough Rider based this car was out of this world.
In tribute to that car I built a similar one. Not been long finished and not really used it much but I like it!

20210920_164827.jpg

Hi Lee

Is it possible that I've seen your HotShot on the SELOC forum? I'm Gil over there...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex76 said:

Hi Lee

Is it possible that I've seen your HotShot on the SELOC forum? I'm Gil over there...

Hi Gil. That's me!

• Haha 1

that looks really nice in white.  Simple and minimal body lets the classic detailing on the chassis parts stand out :)

I think it looks great, however I think it's missing something on the hood. Either a number, of a tapering triangle of carbon fibre wrap. But that's just me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LEE71 said:

Hi Gil. That's me!

Following this thread I should change my username to LEE75. I guess you are also the the same LEE71 from the NYLOC forum. Small world.

1 hour ago, Ministrone said:

Following this thread I should change my username to LEE75. I guess you are also the the same LEE71 from the NYLOC forum. Small world.

Yep! It appears a lot of middle aged Lotus enthusiasts are here. Well we all like a small plastic car!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

I think it looks great, however I think it's missing something on the hood. Either a number, of a tapering triangle of carbon fibre wrap. But that's just me. 

Yeah, you mean like a M38 Willy spare tire sticker right?   :lol:

I would DiNoc stripe the middle to match the roof.. also the wing.   If the decal is young enough one can probably cleanly remove it and reapplied   

But then my HotShot in the 80's was black.. 

And my current cars are all olive drab.. what the heck do I know.. :ph34r:

I like it! Thought about white for mine but wasn't convinced, yours looks great though, matching body and wheels look great!