Xeostar

TD-2 - New Astute

A lightweight TD4 with 2wd.
I know nothing about it but I’m interested to find out, it looks good to me.

A9492A6B-87A7-4567-B2A5-BBAF3C07709D.jpeg

• Like 6

It's definitely an Astute.

Looks like it will have the sideways battery pack mounting.

This could well be the car I've been waiting for.  I haven't even finished my DT03 yet.  This weekend is painting weekend and now it might need to be sold.  :D

• Like 2

It’s early days but the body seems be better proportioned than the slightly dumpy looking Super Avante.

• Like 1

I think thats just TD4 with slight chassis modification and no center 4wd shaft XP. Its like DF03 with no center shaft Lol

• Like 1

So this is why TD-4 has blanked holes for transverse battery and detachable front part. I guess that bathtub and rear gearbox will be the same, but front end might be entirely different.

• Like 1

Hmm...  I wonder if the TD4 has been carefully designed to be reconfigured with perfect 2wd weight distribution, or if this is going to be a horrible compromise to get a 2wd variant on the market.  Time will tell - I'm intrigued :) 

• Like 4

There goes more money.... 

We've already had the Super Astute do wonder what this will be. Neo Astute, Super Duper Astute??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've been wanting a 2wd buggy. This might be the answer if others don't come back onto the market...

5 minutes ago, toyolien said:

There goes more money.... 

We've already had the Super Astute do wonder what this will be. Neo Astute, Super Duper Astute??

The ,Ta-Daaa Astute? 👐

• Haha 2

I can see values of the original astute and super astute rising rapidly as a result of this.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

Odd how they have released this info without the td4 even being out yet

Yeah bit odd! But I'm kinda getting a bit bored with all the videos and clips of the td4 in its different paint schemes and showing how the chassis works and battery compartment works etc etc etc etc.............TAMIYA just realise the **** thing!!!!

23 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

With the F1-ish sidepods, shouldn't this be a Neo-Striker? :ph34r:

Ah, but then it wouldn't have a roof :P I think...

Having seen how poorly-received the Super Avante was, I am surprised this TD2 is getting this much positive attention, especially as appearances suggest a 4WD chassis with the propshaft and front gearbox removed. I fully expected more complaints about a perceived lack of effort on Tamiya's part, but am nonetheless pleased to see some excitement around this new buggy.

... Because count me in :D

• Like 2

amazed at how the fenders and body style, which lets face it are both basically the Avante with a few tweaks are getting less hate for this version.........

maybe we're all just used to this look now.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

With the F1-ish sidepods, shouldn't this be a Neo-Striker? :ph34r:

An F1 / Striker style body with Astute colour scheme would look like the Beatrice F1 car.

F4816B4D-955F-4916-AC21-8C2D30257C43.jpeg

• Like 4

Don't tell me. Another new Tamiya kit. So that means it will have a "old classic" name on it. They have done the "super avante" so this 2 wd will be the "super/new Astute" Its a joke and many fall for it. Go buy a new Astute. Shamia could have had integrity and called both new cars original names BUT only want to grab guys money thinking they have a Avante or astute which they do NOT. Those cars have been and gone and never will be bettered for style and originality,like the hot shot and bigwig.

Just waiting for the super-duper bigwig and super-duper hot shot. They will give them a few easy Yen/dollars.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Gazzalene said:

Don't tell me. Another new Tamiya kit. So that means it will have a "old classic" name on it. They have done the "super avante" so this 2 wd will be the "super/new Astute" Its a joke and many fall for it. Go buy a new Astute. Shamia could have had integrity and called both new cars original names BUT only want to grab guys money thinking they have a Avante or astute which they do NOT. Those cars have been and gone and never will be bettered for style and originality,like the hot shot and bigwig.

Just waiting for the super-duper bigwig and super-duper hot shot. They will give them a few easy Yen/dollars.

sheesh, what a downer. way to spoil the buzz.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1