Sign in to follow this  
TheGizmodi

Modern version of the FF01 SWB?

After returning from the UK to visit family, I managed to bring back with me a rather tasty Clio Williams Bodyshell. So that will be one of my longer term projects... based on the prices of the actual original kits ($500+) on eBay and the like, I'd like to see if I can build something using a more modern chassis as opposed to making it original. This is for looks and some play. I've already ordered a display chassis to use but I'd like to see if its possible to get something else that is actually functional?

Wheelbase appears to be 245mm, its too big for my M03, too small for my TT01 and from what I can gather is too small for the standard FF01-3 range? I saw someone swapped around some suspension arms to shorten a chassis? But just wondering what options there would be?

Appreciate it.

hello

i think the m05 has three size wheelbases,can not remember off hand sizes,but my one has honda civic shell.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TheGizmodi said:

After returning from the UK to visit family, I managed to bring back with me a rather tasty Clio Williams Bodyshell. So that will be one of my longer term projects... based on the prices of the actual original kits ($500+) on eBay and the like, I'd like to see if I can build something using a more modern chassis as opposed to making it original. This is for looks and some play. I've already ordered a display chassis to use but I'd like to see if its possible to get something else that is actually functional?

Wheelbase appears to be 245mm, its too big for my M03, too small for my TT01 and from what I can gather is too small for the standard FF01-3 range? I saw someone swapped around some suspension arms to shorten a chassis? But just wondering what options there would be?

Appreciate it.

FF03 middle wheelbase setting is 245.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, magpie said:

hello

i think the m05 has three size wheelbases,can not remember off hand sizes,but my one has honda civic shell.

M-05 long wheelbase is 237mm, and of course it is much narrower unless you fit TL01 suspension to it.

• Like 1

The FF03 can be set to 3 wheelbases. 257 (L), 242 (M), and 234 (S). I have set one of my FF-03 to SW, 234mm.

Here's a comparison of my two FF-03. One in standard 257 long (on the right) and the other in 234 short wheelbase (on the left).

t9iWkqvh.jpg

and here it is compared to my FF-01 242 wheelbase. Originally from the Renault Clio.

cwvpD90h.jpg

• Thanks 1