Oldschooltamiya

How did you come up with your user name?

Mine is genius and I can't divulge.

I really should have paid a bit more attention to the username trend before I hastily signed up! :)

• Like 1

In 1984, my parents sent me on an exchange program to Japan. (Where I bought a Tamiya NIB Countach kit, and some static models!)

The Japanese couldn't say "Scott" easily without adding an "O" sound to the end, and they did all the time.

My nickname became "Scotto".

And being a youth, I decided to spell it differently with a "K"

And since I'm a dude, (and no longer a teen) "Skottoman" became my username.

Ta-da!

Cheers,

Skottoman

its kinda obvious for me , i love the Tamiya Alfa Romeo Guilia sprint gta m-chassis (wish they would do a 1/10 scale one too!!) :D

I stole mine from a japanese performance workshop, and also stole the name for my australian performance workshop LOL

• Like 1

I started as Grasshopperpete as all I wanted was 1 restored grasshopper

BUT !!!!!.......

As time went by I collected more & More & MORE Tamiya monster trucks and just thought wow all these big wheels and then remembered what it says on the lunchbox "Bigwheels" so I added the _inc and that was Bigwheels_inc

could just as easily ended up as wild willy_inc or Bullhead_inc but im glad I stuck with Bigwheels_inc LOL

Simple

I used to be into playing Warhammer 40K, a sci-fi fantasy tabletop battle game. My army of choice was the Tau, so the XV came from the Imperial designation given to the Tau's Her’ex’vre battlesuits.

Tau battlesuits come in different sizes. The larger ones are more like walking vehicles than suits, and are piloted rather than worn, hence XV Pilot.

(A similar rationale lies behind my brother-in-law's username RhinoDriver.)

LOL, and I thought you'd have a special relation to Tamiya's XV-01 chassis. :D

• Like 1

When i was 16 we got very drunk and decided to swap clothes(we were at a fancy dress party) as you do?!?

Unfortunatly i was wearing a pair of lemon coloured slips (look like y fronts !) and my friends could not stop laughing

for about a week.So it has stuck with me and im 40 this year!

Thanks lemonslip!

It's quite simple, really.......

I am a bald man. And I like to think that I rock......... :D

Mine is one a few friends gave to me many years ago. It comes from an Eminem skit off one of his albums I think.

Couple of my mates lived next door and when I came over (for the obligatory after work beer) the door would creak and they'd all say "Heeey, Steve Bermannn" to mimic the skit.

So the name stuck, I also got bought the personalised plate by my family for my 25th.

I've never been much of a fan of it, but it is my longest used online username and its a bit of a headache to switch to the other one i use.

Mine is one a few friends gave to me many years ago. It comes from an Eminem skit off one of his albums I think.

Couple of my mates lived next door and when I came over (for the obligatory after work beer) the door would creak and they'd all say "Heeey, Steve Bermannn" to mimic the skit.

So the name stuck, I also got bought the personalised plate by my family for my 25th.

I've never been much of a fan of it, but it is my longest used online username and its a bit of a headache to switch to the other one i use.

I been wondering what your nick was about for years now.

Mystery solved, haha. :)

I was racing honda motorcycles and (hondaman was taken ) so I have hndaman1

My first RC after getting back into the hobby was a Dualhunter, I hated the shell so I switched it out for a Grave Digger body and the rest is history.

My first RC after getting back into the hobby was a Dualhunter, I hated the shell so I switched it out for a Grave Digger body and the rest is history.

I think I could have figured it out, haha.

By the way, that Dennis Anderson's truck is a TRUE monster truck legend!

my user name is from the aussie slang name for my 2 real life cars , holden vn commodores , one is a 1989 3.8lt v6 fitted with a powerdyne supercharger and the other is a 1990 5 lt v8 calais , we commonly call them '' commodes '' , '' dunnydoors '' and '' commiedoors '' ahh amongst other things ! lol

on a side note , im commiedoor on most web sites , except for an american gun site because they wouldnt allow the '' commie '' part of the name on it as it could be associated with communism ??

stuff012.jpg

My nickname. Easy thing. Mongoose is the brand of the BMX bike I dreamed of (and never had) back in 1983. ;)

lucky you didnt lust after a moosegoose ! l :D

my user name is from the aussie slang name for my 2 real life cars , holden vn commodores , one is a 1989 3.8lt v6 fitted with a powerdyne supercharger and the other is a 1990 5 lt v8 calais , we commonly call them '' commodes '' , '' dunnydoors '' and '' commiedoors '' ahh amongst other things ! lol

on a side note , im commiedoor on most web sites , except for an american gun site because they wouldnt allow the '' commie '' part of the name on it as it could be associated with communism ??

Must confess I've always been curious about your user name but wouldn't dare to ask.

A commie?? I thought... Hahahaha

yeah ! the old 50's and 60's fobia of '' better dead than red '' is still alive and kicking in the good ol' usa .. B)

As the wisest and smartest TC memeber. I retained a national ad agency at €1.9 million to come up with my user name... I told them that must represent the rc company i am interested in and the scale....6 months later with over 600000 billable hours, they came up with it. Isn't that amazing. I have since trademarked, registered and copyright it....I am just one smart dude that know how to use resources properly.

• Like 1

I thought I'd already added to this thread, but don't see it anywhere so...

My username is a no-brainer. My name is Mark, and I started out on the TA-## (TA01/02/03) chassis'd models.

I just used all my initials. Yes, I do have six names. And yes, my last name does start with a 3.

• Like 1