Oldschooltamiya

How did you come up with your user name?

Hah, mine is actually a special case. Many many moons ago, when internet was just born (beginning 90's), i was working at a supplier of Ford and when Ford hooked our company up to their messaging system i automatically got the Ford UID ddaenen1 (first charcator of name and 6 characters of lastname with the sequential number of how many there were with this combination) together with that i got ddaenen1@ford.com which has stuck on me ever since.

Maybe this is already in the thread somewhere, can't remember if I've posted before. Nothing special, just a combo that I can be pretty sure will be unique on most sites.

djmc (my initials)

nz (New Zealand)

I used to hang around with a bunch of professional DJ's and the whole dj/mc thing would occasionally start a conversation (that more often than not ended with some form of disappointment).

Although I've been around here for about 10 years, my user name recently changed. Working in the automotive restoration field, I enjoy American Muscle cars the most. The toughest 4-speed manual transmission available in GM cars back then was the Muncie M-22. It was dubbed the "Rockcrusher" due to its rather noisey operation thanks to its low helix-angle gearset.

Although I've been around here for about 10 years, my user name recently changed. Working in the automotive restoration field, I enjoy American Muscle cars the most. The toughest 4-speed manual transmission available in GM cars back then was the Muncie M-22. It was dubbed the "Rockcrusher" due to its rather noisey operation thanks to its low helix-angle gearset.

I'd always thought they'd called them a 'munchie' because when you bolted too much HP upto them they would munch the gears. Then you'd toss it away and fit a Ford Toploader and a Ford 9 inch diff (or modern Tremec box). Common swap here is Aus with the 60's-70's GMH musclecars. So many Holdens running around with a Ford gearbox and diff.

Ah, but nothing beats the sound of an M-22 Rockcrusher at full scream. Muncies are good 'boxes (better than the Borg Warner T-10s they replaced). I was never a Toploader fan but the Mopar A-833 trans is one tough (and heavy) piece. 9 inch rears are a common swap over here too but again I'm a GM diehard so its a 12-bolt for me. ;)

As my all time favourite pastime was riding my dirt-bikes on dirt-jumps, I figured 'Dirt' was it. However, it seemed odd on its own and didnt relate obviously to the whole RC car thing. So 'Dirt-540' was born as I like the sound of it and nearly all the RC cars I love have an electric 540 motor. It's like a tribute to my favourite terrain and it salutes the wonderful electric world of RC cars.

:)

Being my first post, this thread seemed like a good place to start...

My name is John Edwards = Jedward. One of the girls in accounts came up with it during the 2009 series of the X Factor which featured Irish singing duo and identical twins John & Edward Grimes, aka Jedward.

At the time the monicker was mildly amusing to me <_< , and extremely funny to my colleagues :lol::lol::lol: . Over time the novelty wore off and my colleagues forgot............. until my wife gave birth to identical twin boys in 2012, and my colleagues remembered :lol::lol::lol: ; Jedward it is then <_< .

My first Tamiya was the FAV back in 1985, which was sold for £14 in 1987 to fund the purchase of a new Boomerang. This in turn ended up on the scrap-heap.

My eldest son has shown an interest in club racing, and I am currently looking into the possiblity of him (and probably me also) racing GT12s or TCs at a local club.

Jed ;)

• Like 2

Well have been on the net for a long time, my usual nick is KARIM1 while I ran around the torrent / ftp world back in 2000-2010, lately Z00T but as that was in use here ... I had to go with z00ter although im also known as z00t3r O_o

referring to the thing you roll ;)

Well have been on the net for a long time, my usual nick is KARIM1 while I ran around the torrent / ftp world back in 2000-2010, lately Z00T but as that was in use here ... I had to go with z00ter although im also known as z00t3r O_o

referring to the thing you roll ;)

Thanks for the clarification, for a while I thought you work for Hooter... :lol: just messing with you.

I used to use just SteveU (my surname is Ure) but I added the 30 when I tried to join another forum a few years back and found that SteveU had already been taken. In a fit of panic I just added my age at the time and ended up with SteveU30.

Sorry to disappoint those of you that thought I was a German submarine fanatic.

Got mine at my last job. I worked in a 24hr call centre and the team I was in had a good sence of humour and liked to give the newbies nicknames. When I joined they tried out a few different things but nothing really stuck until one day. I'd never bothered with breakfast so if I was on an early shift I'd be raiding the vending machine by 8am and coming back with a chocky bar and a packet of crisps. One quiet day I'm sitting there munching on something and the guy opposite me suddenly stands up, points at me with his arm outstretched and shouts "Crispy"! It stuck and I figured as nicknames go is wasn't bad.

It was while working nights at MundainHell as we called it that I joined my first Internet forum. Went through the usual registration process and after my first couple of names got rejected I tried Crispy and it worked. Since then I've always tried to use some variation of it whenever I join a forum. The only thing with it is many people assume my real name is Chris!

Fun fact: I was training a shy quiet girl in the call centre one day, she was just getting into it and coming out of her shell when she heard the nickname and asked me how I got it? Feeling mischievous I told her Id been single for a long time and it described the state of my sheets... she never talked to me again! :) No sence of humour some people!

• Like 1

Fun fact: I was training a shy quiet girl in the call centre one day, she was just getting into it and coming out of her shell when she heard the nickname and asked me how I got it? Feeling mischievous I told her Id been single for a long time and it described the state of my sheets... she never talked to me again! :) No sence of humour some people!

That's funny and gross in equal measure.

Sonic was the CB handle I used back in the day. I got from another truck driver named Gravedigger he was the lead dog of a small convoy of trucks heading north in Illinois at a high rate of fuel consumption, when I over took and passed his little convoy. I was running quiet no stereo, just my CB low when Grave digger spoke one word, "Boom". I asked him to repeat himself and said that that was one Sonic boom he heard as I passed. At the time I had't really found a handle since I was pretty quite on the radio. So I took the name Sonic, Gravedigger dropped the anchor behind him and chased me into the Windy City were I headed into Cheese Land and he made his delivery in Chicago. Only one truck feel out of line that night, maybe for fuel, maybe to stop for the night, but we talked all night joking and teasing. We passed a couple State troopers in the median who didn't even seem interested in chasing us down. It was just one of those nights. 0620 is my wedding anniversary and also my truck number since it was my rig at the time. Wow, have things changed, now I drive a company truck that won't hit 65 mph and I don't own a CB radio. Hope you like my story..

'

mine was formed due to call of duty :-/ I joined a clan which called sas so I went with that theme being a sabre squadron I chose sabre but It wasn't available so tried adding uk being where im living at the min and it was good so stuck with it.

call of duty hmmmmmm has so much to answear for :(

Leka comes from my name, and mies means man in finnish. Also been using Lekafin in some forums, because I live in finland. So, translated it means Sledgehammerman :D

I joined a few forums where english wasn't the only language spoken online. Since I only speak english I couldn't always communicate therefore I choose the username TongueTied. That was 15 years ago now and I simply use it for every form I join even when english is the primary language of the site.

Not a great story for me, but many moons ago I played Quake (the original) a lot. The melee weapon was of course the Axe and I had a tendency to just use it instead of guns for the most part :)

Not a great story for me, but many moons ago I played Quake (the original) a lot. The melee weapon was of course the Axe and I had a tendency to just use it instead of guns for the most part :)

you are not related to lizzy borden...right?:-D

Don't think so, although having just Wikipedia's the name, my history is a little better :)

Mind, the name Lizzy suits me better :P

Mine comes from the Audi slogan, "never follow". Being such an Audi enthusiast, I wanted something Audi related.

Thinking back, I should of just used what I normally use. Bel976..my name, month and year of birth.