Oldschooltamiya

How did you come up with your user name?

Back in my younger days on motorcycles I would religiously read the wild pages of magazines such as Performance Bikes, Superbike and Fast Bikes et al. I was young and impressionable and these guys in the pages hooning around, knees down and pulling third gear mingers (mingers at this time where wheelies not ladies of questionable attractiveness) on tricked up crouch rockets were my heroes. These guys also had custom paint jobs on there lids, many of which were cartoon characters.

About the same time I was really getting into airbrushing and so decided to mix the two and to that end chose 'Woodtstock' to go on the back of my lid, plus the fact at the time a had spiked hair with bleached blonde tips. :D

If only my hair line wasn't now having a race to the back of my head :lol::lol::lol:

Mine is simple too: 2x abbreviations.

Tamiya/Thomas = TamTom

Not so clever but, when I registered to TC, that was the only thing that crossed my mind.

only if i thought of that when i came up with my name on page 7. i could be driving a 1:1 porsche turbo s.

I get a lot of people asking about mine..Pleiku is a city in Vietnam..I was there in 1968 hence Pleiku68..

I can not believe this....I posted this 10 years ago....

My current name is an old one derived from my other hobby of aquatics. I used to breed flightless fruit flies as a natural food source for certain species of fish.

My original name for Tamiyaclub was T. Smith. The T stood for Tamiya. The Smith was generic, as in Citizen Smith.

Tony

Mine comes from a flyer for a rave back in the very early 90's that featured this picture. I only recently found it again and am getting it made in to a few stickers so it can go on my Lunchbox :)

fab8ac65-1fb7-4ec9-8eec-17dbc44213bf_zps

• Like 1

Mine comes from a flyer for a rave back in the very early 90's that featured this picture. I only recently found it again and am getting it made in to a few stickers so it can go on my Lunchbox :)

fab8ac65-1fb7-4ec9-8eec-17dbc44213bf_zps

Haha, that fish's amazing!

• Like 1

It really is awesome and I can't believe that in the times when i have misplaced the original I could not find it anywhere online despite many hours with google images. It was too early for it to be a complete photoshop image, especially considering what it was used for, which leads me to believe that it is a model. A model that deserves way more credit than it probably received!

I'm a Nascar fan.

I follow the #24 car driven by Jeff Gordon.

My initials are JD.

I own 5 Ford Pinto's. I adore those cars. Need I say any more? :)

• Like 1

Cool. Post some pics of them.

• Like 1

Weren't those cars have the exploding gas tank once got rear ended?

Used to collect vintage motor scooters from the 50's 60's used it on aol when it first came online, kinda stuck.

Mine comes from the fact that people who live in Liverpool are called scousers. Rather unoriginal I'm afraid. :)

Lasse2t, My name is lars and Lasse is a similar name to Lars and 2t stands for "TvåTakt" in Swedish and in English "twostroke" beacause i have a lot of two stroke motorcycles. Not to hard to understand i think? :D

How come I never threw in on this??? Well, it is way too obvious why my name is what it is. I never have been given a nickname my whole life(I am 43 now). If I ever was given a nickname, it wasn't called to me face to face. I got the HotShot for my first hobby grade RC car and fell in love with Tamiya then. I have often thought of getting some vinyl shop to cut CRASH CRAMER in yellow letters in full scale for my real ride to scare some sense into the folks that drive around me everyday in traffic. I think if I mounted some surplus rocket launchers on my CR-V it would also scare some sense into the same idiots and they would stay out of my way.

So, not too original, not too sure how many other members have stolen their id from Tamiya's long list of drivers for their classic buggies, et al. I also haven't participated in any demolition derbys and my last name nor first name is not Cramer, so it is all Tamiya's fault.

To be honest, I just had to think of something because the first name I chose was pretty lame.

TC is actually the first forum I ever registered so I was a bit less creative back then.

Not sure this one is incredible much better but a mod here was nice enough to change it.

I'd use 'Shikkediel' at the moment, after the coolest cat that roamed the planet.

I'm in the Royal Canadian Air Force. My position is Air Maintenance Supervisor. Hence the acronym amsup. I co-ordinate maintenance on aircraft.