Sign in to follow this  
BJoe76

Tamiya Pitch Pinions

Is there a place where I can find pinions that will match up with the teeth on my M-03, MF-01x, and GF-01 chassis? I want to go small on the pinion with my Jimny and maybe look at lower turn 540 motors, preferably a steel of some sort too, but already have as small as I can go on the Jimny (16t or 18t), but would like to go lower.

tamiya base has a big list of pinions and the specs/pitches for many models. though m-03 kit numbers may not be on the first page.

2 hours ago, BJoe76 said:

Is there a place where I can find pinions that will match up with the teeth on my M-03, MF-01x, and GF-01 chassis? I want to go small on the pinion with my Jimny and maybe look at lower turn 540 motors, preferably a steel of some sort too, but already have as small as I can go on the Jimny (16t or 18t), but would like to go lower.

Don't think you can go any lower if you had gone as low as you can without some surgery to the mounting points. 

For future reference they are all 0.6mod pinions, but as alvin says, you can't go smaller with the fixed motor positions you have. Just get a way slower motor. 55t or 80t.

The MF-01x chassis does have some decent adjustability for the motor, I know I’m stuck with the M-03 and GF-01, though and would just look for something stronger on those.  If they’re 0.6mod, that gives me something to work with on the Jimny then,  I may have to see how much room I have to play with then and go from there. At least with a small pinion, I can tuck the motor farther forward on the chassis, not going to fix the rear weight bias, but would help it at least!