Sign in to follow this  
Frog Jumper

Forget LiPo! I want hydrogen!

That is awesome - would be great to see hydrogen cars eventually replace Nitro. See this for the new EU rules regarding Nitro percentage change: https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum/1079536-nitro-content-adaption-eu-law.html (I would expect further reductions in the future!)

Not sure where I can buy hydrogen locally though!

Hydrogen makes a lot of sense over batteries for 1:1 vehicles (as we kinda already have everything we need to move and deliver liquid fuel) - will be difficult for hobbyists to handle though!

I miss my nitro RC car.. imo engine is always more fun than electric. 

I’d be all-in if hydrogen engine RC is released to the general public.   Heck drive it indoors maybe.  

I wonder how many thousands of development dollars are resting on a $120 chassis. But I agree: transitioning to fuel cell makes more sense than electric. It might be tool late for passenger cars, but shipping could make great use of it.

2 hours ago, BuggyGuy said:

That is awesome - would be great to see hydrogen cars eventually replace Nitro. See this for the new EU rules regarding Nitro percentage change: https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum/1079536-nitro-content-adaption-eu-law.html (I would expect further reductions in the future!)

Not sure where I can buy hydrogen locally though!

Hydrogen makes a lot of sense over batteries for 1:1 vehicles (as we kinda already have everything we need to move and deliver liquid fuel) - will be difficult for hobbyists to handle though!

So just in case you didn't already know, hydrogen isn't being used by Toyota as a fuel for combustion engines, a fuel cell is essentially a replacement for a battery.

Nice tech showcase and nice job on the custom build... but I think that having a personal supply of compressed liquid hydrogen for your RC hobby is a bit over the top... I can't say that charging an RC battery has ever been a barrier to my enjoyment B)

By the way, the location of the photo shoot is Bourton-on-the-Water in the Cotswolds - perfect opportunity to combine a cutesy full-size village and the cutesy model-village!

• Like 1