Sign in to follow this  
smirk-racing

Lexan shell to replicate Blackfoot?

Hi All,

I've been searching on the web now but haven't found a definitive answer, so I thought I'd ask the TC community for a little help.

I can't stand wrecking nice new ABS shells, like the Blackfoot shell, so I need to source a near-replica in Lexan which I can then paint and sticker (stickers appear to be readily available).

Can anyone tell me what make/model of truck the Blackfoot is closest to? Or, even better, whether any of the major body manufacturers like Proline sell a body shell that is mostly similar to the Blackfoot? It doesn't need to be identical, as I'll be omitting some key features anyway like the lightbar (which won't survive brushless motors).

Thank you!

The Landfreeder body will also fit. In fact the BF has a wheelbase of approx 252mm so many of the CC01 bodies will fit. 

• Like 2

THanks Frog Jumper. I am looking for something as similar as possible to the stock / boxart body. Seems I need a Ford F-150 replica. So far I'm not finding anything suitable online anywhere.

9 minutes ago, smirk-racing said:

THanks Frog Jumper. I am looking for something as similar as possible to the stock / boxart body. Seems I need a Ford F-150 replica. So far I'm not finding anything suitable online anywhere.

Then you want the Parma shell. It’s a lexan version of the OG BF shell complete with Ford logos on the hood and tailgate.

Terry

That Parma one is HTF but the Landfreeder body is alright done up as an original blackfoot, here’s one I made earlier:

49975033951_2d0dff7042_b.jpg

like has been said it’s from the Bush devil so fits the orv nicely

roll bar in black is rereleased on the quadtrack

• Like 4

Nice truck, @J@mes.    I like the fact that with lexan one can conveniently acheive a nice consistent glossy finish.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frog Jumper said:

Then you want the Parma shell. It’s a lexan version of the OG BF shell complete with Ford logos on the hood and tailgate.

Terry

Terry, totally agree, that is the shell I most want, but it is either hard to find or impossible to find right now. I wrote to Parma to see if they are ever going to sell any more of those shells.

1 hour ago, J@mes said:

That Parma one is HTF but the Landfreeder body is alright done up as an original blackfoot, here’s one I made earlier:

49975033951_2d0dff7042_b.jpg

like has been said it’s from the Bush devil so fits the orv nicely

roll bar in black is rereleased on the quadtrack

James, wow! That looks spectacular. I hope you don't mind, but now I intend to copy your design part for part. That looks exceptionally good and scratches my itch for a Blackfoot. I can't use nice ABS bodies given the way I drive (brushless+lipo+heavy throttle finger). I need lexan shells that are readily available so I can replace the shells as they get worn out.

I appreciate you sending the photo - as I could have imagined that the Landfreeder body would look so good.

• Like 1

Glad I could help. The stickers are a direct fit, if I remember correctly. 

James, I've ordered the Landfreeder body. Did you do anything special, or did you just hit the entire body with black, and then apply stickers?

If you have more photos of your truck I'd love to see them.

Thank you!

Hey, that body is in storage - probably right at the back so I won’t get to it until I move all my stuff in to a bigger unit in 2 weeks.

from memory it’s only painted with PS5 but I used the Landfreeder window masks (no window rubber stickers needed) plus sticker sheet for the headlights & taillights. The BF stickers for the bed section (bed in flat clear masked off by cutting the film) are a bit short for the Bush Devil but they line up great on the wheel arch front & back. In the photo you can see I stuck a sponsor sticker over the rear to extend it a bit, another thing I’d consider in retrospect is more detail on the grille & the bumpers in flat clear would be cool now I think about it.

in that photo it’s on a MF01X chassis - has a nice scale look apart from the battery hanging out under.

That shell has a weak point where the bed & cab join & it benefits from some strengthening straight off. Try not to pick it up by the roll bar, if you fit one.

If you put up some photos I’ll be looking forward to seeing how you get on.

This is my Parma Blackfoot. The decals fit perfectly and it even has the Ford lettering front & rear

383CD89E-8EEA-4D6E-8EA4-A537C66BA739.jpeg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, 73robb said:

This is my Parma Blackfoot. The decals fit perfectly and it even has the Ford lettering front & rear

Looks amazing! You're lucky to have that shell. They are to come by now.

23 hours ago, smirk-racing said:

Looks amazing! You're lucky to have that shell. They are to come by now.

Thanks. I imported this from the US about 10 years ago but only painted it this year. I was pleased with how it came out despite a couple of paint runs

21 minutes ago, 73robb said:

Thanks. I imported this from the US about 10 years ago but only painted it this year. I was pleased with how it came out despite a couple of paint runs

Do you have more pics in your showroom? If so can you link to it?

12 hours ago, smirk-racing said:

Do you have more pics in your showroom? If so can you link to it?

It’s on my to do list - I’ll try to add some of it in the next few days