WLDOR

Finally received my own OG vintages...!

Thanks for the add! I'm an Ex-pat Brit, living in Canada the past 21yrs. I turned 50 this year, and have quite the collection of Tamiya, Losi, Team Associated, Traxxas and Redcat models from introducing my now 23yr old son to the hobby.

Dad passed earlier this year, so my sister has been sorting his estate of late, and just sent across my own vintage early 80’s Tamiya’s (and my z-guage Marklin trains) from when I was a kid… Unfortunately there was a house fire some 25yrs ago, so my original XR311 and Williams F1 car didn’t make it, but these guys are all still in pretty good shape - aside from a few perished tires! 

See more

245149458_10159198664513941_5070472125059832461_n.jpg

245325082_10159198664678941_2578416101614291034_n.jpg

244782269_10159198664813941_4955017874603518974_n.jpg

244659952_10159198664898941_8309557282747236941_n.jpg

244997158_10159198664538941_7341500983509777346_n.jpg

• Like 15

Looks like someone's going to be busy restoring those beauties!   

Good to hear your son is interested in the hobby.   Sorry to hear about your dad, my condolences.  Wecome to TamiyaClub, WLDOR! 

• Like 1

Welcome to the (literal) club! We're very glad to have you with us.

What's a "Blazing Blazer"? Never heard of it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

It's a homely looking brick, ahem, pardon me, I mean truck, that many people have an infatuation with. Tamiya didn't sell many of them, so there are fewer in the wild to be had.

Oh, and welcome WLDOR! :P

• Like 1

Those are in great shape! The best part is that you still have your actual cars from when you were a kid :wub:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NWarty said:

It's a homely looking brick, ahem, pardon me, I mean truck, that many people have an infatuation with. Tamiya didn't sell many of them, so there are fewer in the wild to be had.

Oh, and welcome WLDOR! :P

You're absolutely right... in fact I recall *really* wanting the Hilux all those years ago, but it commanded a price premium back then, and still they didn't sit on the shelf for long... I "settled" for the Blazer, but 40yrs later, I'm so grateful that I did! 

(And thanks for all the 'welcome's!)

• Like 3

That Willys wheeler looks nice. I bet it will clean up even nicer. 

Great thread. To the OP. Thank you for sharing. 
Sorry for your loss. My Dad passed about 10 years ago, but it was a few years later I got “back” into modern RC. 
I got my survivor Yokomo YZ10 , a bundle of 1/12 carpet pan car parts and an original mid 90s Traxxas Stampede chassis from Mom’s about 5 years ago . 
I don’t know where the traxxas came

from as he/ I  never had that model back in the day. My best guess is he got it in a trade or sea after I went off to university. 
it was a “Slider” chassis with no electronics and in pieces. 
the yZ10 is restored to mostly original with modern Nihm cells soldered into a saddle pack, but it still mostly does shelf duty. 
the Stampede is a Frankenstein mish  mash of modern and original Traxxas parts and gets driven like it was stolen, and comes back for more. 

• Like 1

Wow!  Did you completely forget that you had them in your dad's house, or you knew you left them there?

1 hour ago, d4dawg said:

Wow!  Did you completely forget that you had them in your dad's house, or you knew you left them there?

Oh I knew they were there, but they were safe, so no need to worry about incurring the cost to ship them... Until Dad's passing, and the subsequent sale of the former family home. (in fairness, shipping was far more reasonable than I had expected it to be, and they were here in Canada within 2 days, delivered to my door within 4!!). I've been too busy with work to even assess them yet, let alone consider researching restoring/repairing them... That might have to wait for another time! ;) 

• Like 1